Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Moore
United Kingdom
Bolton
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been looking for a solution to combine these two together into one box and I found an interesting solution.
Using happycampers tabbed dividers mounted on card, I made the dividers for both sets.
I have then used the surplus box I had from Munchkin Quest 2: Looking For Trouble and by putting the cards across the box in 3 rows I've managed to snugly fit all the kingdoms from both sets, the BGG demo card sets and the blanks all in the box.
Dominion kingdoms are at one end, Intrigue kingdoms at the other, with the coin cards and VP cards from both sets in the middle. To stop the rows crossing, I used the MQ2 insert cut down to form 2 dividers.
By folding the rules lengthwise, I've even got both rule sets in there as well! 'Borrowing' Carthaginians images from his travel box, resizing them to fit, laminating them on full size labels, all four sides of the box now have Dominion on the sides. A neat and nice looking solution.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph
United States
Ankeny
Iowa
flag msg tools
because it's all I ever wanted to be..
badge
Cloning gamers since 2003
mbmbmbmbmb
I used a 600 and 300 count box and used Circle of Protections sleeved for dividers. I only sleeved what I needed for a 6 player game, in case I get the opportunity. Have another 800 count box waiting for Seaside.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Payne
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
mbmb
My Dominion sets are currently in both halves of a M:TG "Fat Pack" box. I'm currently considering alternatives.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Birch
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i sleeved mine and was able to fit them in 550 count boxes with a little room to spare.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Once Seaside is out and we have a better idea of the roadmap for future expansions, I'm going to build a wooden carry case for Dominion, along similar lines to my Agricola box.

Right now I've made a start on a wooden box for Race for the Galaxy plus all the expansions. Actually, I've made a start on *three* such boxes, figuring that it doesn't take that much longer to make a second and a third box if done at the same time as the first, and I can sell the extras.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Kiser
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I just dump all of mine unsleeved into a large black garbage bag.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rishi A.
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
laxnbakpakr wrote:
i sleeved mine and was able to fit them in 550 count boxes with a little room to spare.

I'm curious which sleeves you used. I have the Mayday Games premium sleeves, and each set fits comfortably in a 660 count box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff shiv Flynn
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jammasterjake wrote:

You just made my day. Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kSwingrÜber
United States
Ridgefield
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jammasterjake wrote:

Actually, I've found that the heavy green bags work a lot better: when I leave them in the sun, they don't heat up quite as much. I got some nasty burns one time when I was rummaging around looking for a Province card... but no more now that I've gone green!

I did have one problem though... I was storing my bag o' cards out behind the house, and the garbage men sanitation engineers tossed it in their truck.

So when I buy acquire replacements, I'll be storing them in the large orange "bio hazard" bags. I believe the garbage guys are trained not to touch those, and instead call the HazMat folks. That'll give me a few extra minutes to move my collection to a safer place...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thom Barchet
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kswingruber wrote:
jammasterjake wrote:

Actually, I've found that the heavy green bags work a lot better: when I leave them in the sun, they don't heat up quite as much. I got some nasty burns one time when I was rummaging around looking for a Province card... but no more now that I've gone green!

I did have one problem though... I was storing my bag o' cards out behind the house, and the garbage men sanitation engineers tossed it in their truck.

So when I buy acquire replacements, I'll be storing them in the large orange "bio hazard" bags. I believe the garbage guys are trained not to touch those, and instead call the HazMat folks. That'll give me a few extra minutes to move my collection to a safer place...

Or better yet, you could actually apply a biohazard...not anything really dangerous, but something that would make it obvious who it was that grabbed your sack o' cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.