Popular Tags: [View All]
Charles Vasey
Scotland
Mortlake, London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Am I correct that in this scenario I should adjust the RPs for Sweden and Poland to reflect the 3 garrisons held by Russia?

Also if Saxony has just left the war can it not test for rejoining the war until 1710 as if the truce rules applied?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Ekström
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
designer
ALWAYS THINKING ON GAMES
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No, do not adjust the RP ´s. The Scenario Victory Conditions is set so negate the high Swedish RP value. (Furthermore, Sweden has not troops (blocks) to use all RP´s.)

About Saxony; Correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Johansson
Sweden
Linköping
flag msg tools
I spent 200 GG and all I got was this lousy overtext!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Must say it did not occur to me that one might not be meant to reduce the Sw. RP's here. It'd be nice if there was a little note about this in the scenario instructions of any updated version of the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Ekström
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
designer
ALWAYS THINKING ON GAMES
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
...back to the art of writing rules.
Adjusting RP table from scratch is something that you do not have to do. If we should have written everything that you don´t have to do in the game, we would have ended up with a phone book. And still there would be questions.
But okey, we will keep this in mind when we update the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Johansson
Sweden
Linköping
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
leffesteff wrote:

Adjusting RP table from scratch is something that you do not have to do.

That's nice, but if it's explicitly stated anywhere in the book I've missed it.

Which leads me to another question - say that the Swedes retake Narva from the Russians but lose Östersund to the Danes. Are they now at 36 RP?

What if they retake Narva and then the Russians take it again? 40 or 36 RP?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Ekström
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
designer
ALWAYS THINKING ON GAMES
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rule 4.3, "Territorial Control" deals with this.

As for your example; Yes! Sweden are now at 36 RP (They retake 4 lost RP´s for Narva and again lose 4 for Östersund). However, since we are discussing this under scenario 3, if Sweden would take Ingermanland they would not "regain" 4 RP even if it is "swedish territory" on the map. Why? It is Russian territory according to scenario set-up.

If Sweden retake Narva they regain 4 RP (up to 40 RP) and by losing it to the Russians, dropping again to 36 RP. If they also lose Östersund to the Danes..- then they are at 32 RP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Johansson
Sweden
Linköping
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
leffesteff wrote:
Rule 4.3, "Territorial Control" deals with this.

Ah, so "original" owner means original at the start of the the scenario, not original at the start of the war.
leffesteff wrote:

If Sweden retake Narva they regain 4 RP (up to 40 RP) and by losing it to the Russians, dropping again to 36 RP. If they also lose Östersund to the Danes..- then they are at 32 RP.

I think we're somehow talking one another here; let's try again:

At the start of the Next Stop Moscow scenario, Sweden doesn't own Narva (nor Nyen/St Petersburg) yet has 40 RP. If they take Narva from the Russians (without having lost anything else) they're presumably still at 40 RP - if nothing else the RP table doesn't go higher! My question now was what happens if the Russians take Narva again. Based on your reply above, the Swedish RPs are presumably still at 40 because Sweden was not, in this scenario, the original owner of Ingermanland. Correct?

Conversely, presumably the Russians, in this scenario, loses 4 RP if the Swedes take Narva and regain them if they retake it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Ekström
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
designer
ALWAYS THINKING ON GAMES
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Orcoteuthis wrote:

Ah, so "original" owner means original at the start of the the scenario, not original at the start of the war.

Correct. A word that maybe should be replaced with "currently".

Orcoteuthis wrote:
At the start of the Next Stop Moscow scenario, Sweden doesn't own Narva (nor Nyen/St Petersburg) yet has 40 RP. If they take Narva from the Russians (without having lost anything else) they're presumably still at 40 RP - if nothing else the RP table doesn't go higher!

Correct. (I had a brain drain when I answered you earlier and placed Narva in Estonia, not in Ingermanland). Important is that you may never gain RP´s from territories you did not own earlier.

Orcoteuthis wrote:
My question now was what happens if the Russians take Narva again. Based on your reply above, the Swedish RPs are presumably still at 40 because Sweden was not, in this scenario, the original owner of Ingermanland. Correct?

Correct!

Orcoteuthis wrote:
Conversely, presumably the Russians, in this scenario, loses 4 RP if the Swedes take Narva and regain them if they retake it?

Correct!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Johansson
Sweden
Linköping
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Ekström
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
designer
ALWAYS THINKING ON GAMES
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Set-Up incorrect.

Rhenskiöld should set up in Sachsen, not Thüringen.
(Thank you for this, Andreas)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.