Washington
flag msg tools
badge
The Evil-Do That I Do-Do
mbmbmbmbmb
Posting on FFG website:

http://new.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=661

Text of Story:

This Summer, Fantasy Flight Games is proud to announce its line of game accessories: Fantasy Flight Supply. The first wave of products to protect and customize your games will be board game-specific card sleeves. As the line expands, more accessories will be available to enhance your boardgaming experience.

The Fantasy Flight Supply line launches with eleven products to protect your games from accidents as well as the regular handling of cards that eventually wears them out. There are five sizes of board game sleeves, created to fit the majority of standard-sized cards in both American and European sizes.

All Fantasy Flight Supply board game sleeves come in packs of 50 and are made from clear 100 micron, PVC-free, acid-free, polypropylene plastic. All sleeves fit snugly for easy shuffling and handling of cards. Every effort has been made to make determining what size sleeve you need to protect your games easy by color coding all packs and displays of Fantasy Flight Supply sleeves. The five sizes of board game are listed below, with their measurements and package color coding.

Name Card Size in Inches Card Size in Millimeters Color Code
Mini American 1 5/8 X 2 1/2 IN 41 X 63 MM Yellow
Mini European 1 11/16 X 2 5/8 IN 44 X 68 MM Red
Standard American 2 1/4 X 3 1/2 IN 56 X 87 MM Green
Standard European 2 5/16 X 3 9/16 IN 59 X 92 MM Purple
Standard Card Game 2 1/2 X 3 1/2 IN 63.5X 88 MM Gray

For more information on determining what size sleeves will fit your games best and how many you will need to completely sleeve your Fantasy Flight games, visit our Fantasy Flight Supply Description Page

In addition to the board game sleeves, Fantasy Flight Supply also launches with a line of Art Sleeves. These sleeves, created to fit your standard-size card game cards (such as for LCGs and CCGs), feature beautiful art pieces from Fantasy Flight Games' collection on the backs of the sleeves. These art sleeves let you both protect your cards with the same high-quality material as the board game sleeves and let you customize your deck with unique game art.

Watch our Fantasy Flight Supply Support Page for updates as new art sleeves are added to the line.

As the Fantasy Flight Supply line expands, you will find a complete line of game-specific accessories that will protect your games, allow you to customize them, and enhance your overall gaming experience. This Summer, protect your games with Fantasy Flight Supply sleeves!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabe Covert
United States
Lexington
KY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I will not rest until Biblios is in the Top 100. - Steve Oksienik
United States
Howell
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Well I been watchin' while you been coughin, I've been drinking life while you've been nauseous, and so I drink to health while you kill yourself and I got just one thing that I can offer... Go on and save yourself and take it out on me
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not surprised that one of the game publishers finally decided to do this. Fantasy Flight is going to make a LOT of money on this one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Guess they saw how popular Mayday's sleeves were and decided to jump in too. People have been begging for this stuff for years and just took one company to see the profit and now others want their slice.

Hope their sleeves are super clear. The ones I've been buying made by Max Protection are alittle cloudy. Wouldn't mind getting ones that don't dull the art as much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Spiess
Australia
Adelaide, Modbury Hgts,
South Austraila
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Which set is best for the Wings of War cards?

I think it's the red set myself, but I just wanna check first.

Great Idea!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Taylor-Smith
Canada
Okotoks
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The truth about why the Fantasy Flight Living Card Games changed card boarders from classy black ccg to unlimited white lcg is finally out.

FF wants to sell art sleeves to the old GOT and CoC ccg players.

Still a long overdue product for Fantasy Flight. I expect they will sell well if the price point is right.

Oddly enough most of my Fantasy Flight games have pretty durable game cards already. Unlike my Agricola game cards from another manufacturer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Simon
United States
Ashley
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm still waiting on someone to produce sleeves to put the actual boards into, so we don't have to worry about scuffing and spilling on the boards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Huter
United States
McCordsville
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
I'm still waiting on someone to produce sleeves to put the actual boards into, so we don't have to worry about scuffing and spilling on the boards.

This has been around for ages. It's called plexiglass.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Miller
United States
Gettysburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Punk Rock Warlord
mbmbmbmbmb
Weren't dragon shields sleeves produced by Fantasy Flight? I've been using them for years and have found them to be a very good product.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Simon
United States
Ashley
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

Heh heh, true. And I must admit to owning to sweets of it of different sizes based on convenience and board size. I'm still waiting for someone to get the "bright" idea to make board sleeves though, making it easier to store and travel with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaadd Powell
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
redcap036 wrote:
Which set is best for the Wings of War cards?

I think it's the red set myself, but I just wanna check first.

Great Idea!

Wings of War and Dawn of War use mini-euro, the red ones.

We made up a document of the size (and quantity!) of the packs to be needed to sleeve a game here:
http://new.fantasyflightgames.com/ffg_content/ffg-supply/PDF...

Some of the older silverline games are not on there, I can check those at request if needed. I have bits of most of the older stuff around to check size on (quantity might be harder, most any game I have here is cannibalized)

Also, with expansion heavy games like Arkham, if you want to sleeve up all the cards in the expansions too, you're going to need less than each game added up. Games are not typically designed in tidy increments of 50 cards, so each game will have a few extra. I think we're working on a document for that sort of info.

You can send an email to parts@fantasyflightgames.com for questions about this - if I can't answer the question, I can try to forward you on to someone who can!

Thanks,
Thaadd Powell
Customer Service
Fantasy Flight Games

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan McCullough
United States
Germantown
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow. looking at those numbers, I'll need a lot! Thanks for the chart, very, very helpful!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Robinson
United States
McCordsville
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thinwhiteduke wrote:

I ran across something that might fit the bill. It is very much like plexiglass but you can slide the board right in since it is just a big card sleeve (24" x 36"). I thought it would be a great way to store unmounted GMT boards. If I recall, it sold for $7 at my local card store.

http://www.ultrapro.com/page.php?pname=store/detail&product_...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian T. Petersen
United States
Roseville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Reg. Dragonshields.

Dragonshields will continue to be distributed by FFG in the U.S. They are great sleeves, and FFG will continue to support and sell them.

FF Supply will not create any sleeves (other than the clear regular sleeve for board games) that directly compare with the Dragon Shield SKU's. Dragonshield remain the highest quality sleeve on the market, and is consistently accepted and lauded by all major CCG tournaments organizers.

Hope this clears up any confusion.

cP
FFG

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Vance
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Flightmaster wrote:

FF Supply will not create any sleeves (other than the clear regular sleeve for board games) that directly compare with the Dragon Shield SKU's.

What market are the Art Sleeves aiming for and how do they differentiate themselves from Dragon Shields?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian T. Petersen
United States
Roseville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

They have art on them. They are mainly targeted for CCG players (the art sleeves are only in normal card size).

cP
FFG

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr. Urza, PhD of Dungeon Crawl
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can finally sleeve my Up Front cards! thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Lloyd
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
Canadian Game Design Award: http://www.fallcon.com/design
badge
Canadian Game Design Award: http://www.fallcon.com/design
mbmbmbmbmb
thinwhiteduke wrote:

They already exist. Visit a Movie Poster shop. I have poster sleeves that you could easily put a board in...maybe not a Railroad Tycoon board, but certainly a regular sized board.

I use the Movie Poster sleeves for maps especially. Especially games with super thin paper maps, mostly collectible miniature games. The sleeves are great because they keep the maps flat all the time and both sides are clear.

Peace
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S. Deniz Bucak
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
As Above, So Below
badge
My books are forgeries. Nobody wrote them. - Philip K. Dick
mbmbmbmbmb
If these are as high quality as Dragonshields, I will be buying them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CanCon, BunnyCon...BorderCon!!!
Australia
KILLARA
VIC
flag msg tools
badge
May 2018 be all you dreamed it would be and be all that you dreamed...
mbmbmbmbmb
jbhuter6041 wrote:
Quote:

No no...I demand board condoms... shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Marchlewitz
Canada
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow...I just discovered this post today...don't know how I missed it. 5 varieties of sleeves? Awesome... but really, it's about time!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ilan Muskat
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lamplite wrote:
Thanks Thaadd FFG is a class act and your customer service is the best in the business.

Yes-- I have a Hydralisk head for my Starcraft game that attests to this. :)

This sleeve initiative by FFG is a classic example of how FFG seems to have its head in the... game... where ... games ... are concerned. (I stumbled into that turn of phrase. I feel terrible.)

It essentially means that for anyone, at all, who wants their board or card games sleeved, the option is there. (Except for funny shapes like Cutthroat Caverns' Character Cards, or Cosmic Encounter's Alien Power Cards.)

After reading a few of the vitriolic BGG threads about how many Euro-style games were "unsleevable" -- and I'm looking at Dominion -- I suddenly realize that FFG's doing this won't just be profitable for FFG (which I'm pretty sure it will), it will in fact be of benefit to Rio Grande, Days of Wonder, probably GMT and a bunch of others whose players will now be able to happily sleeve their cards.

And Thaadd, thanks again for always being awesome about customer service.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CanCon, BunnyCon...BorderCon!!!
Australia
KILLARA
VIC
flag msg tools
badge
May 2018 be all you dreamed it would be and be all that you dreamed...
mbmbmbmbmb
lamplite wrote:
This sleeve initiative by FFG is a classic example of how FFG seems to have its head in the... game... where ... games ... are concerned. (I stumbled into that turn of phrase. I feel terrible.)

I have no connection to FFG and don't know any of the FFG staff personally but my perception as to why FFG makes good decisions is simply because...they are gamers...and what they want seems to be in step with our desires as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Day
United Kingdom
Lee
LONDON
flag msg tools
Oi!
badge
That tickles!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll certainly be using the mini American ones as those are unique. The others seem rather expensive compared to the competition though.

Will have to see final pricing when they make the leap over the pond

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernd Weber
Germany
Augsburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jond wrote:
I'll certainly be using the mini American ones as those are unique.

Not as unique as you think: http://www.arcanetinmen.dk/index.php?id=97

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.