Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
joel siragher
United States
silver spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Im confused about the base number of dice to roll.

I have the archer. His blue trait has 2 black spots.

I roll 1 blue die, and 2 blacks. Is this correct?
Or do I just roll 2 blacks?

The bow has 1 blue mark and 1 yellow mark at the bottom.
In that case do I roll an additional blue and yellow?

I am confused because in my set there was only 1 blue dice, and it seems if you use the bow you should be rolling 2 blue.

Your help would be appeciated here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark sellmeyer
United States
st louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
you wouldn't roll a second blue dice.

You roll the dice shown on the weapon that you are using + any black dice that you have on your card for that kind of weapon class. (melee, range, or magic)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Lennert
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You roll the dice for the weapon (blue and yellow, in the case of a bow) plus the trait dice of the same type (2 black in your example). So you'd be rolling 1 blue, 1 yellow, and 2 black in total. You don't get any dice except for your trait dice and what's listed on the weapon.

If you don't have a weapon, you can only make an unarmed attack, which is a melee attack with 1 red die (plus your melee trait dice). You can't make a ranged attack without a ranged weapon. It would be very unusual to roll only blue and black dice; you'd have to be dazed or something (a status effect from the Well of Darkness expansion).

The dice you should have are: 1 red, 1 blue, 1 white, 2 green, 2 yellow, and 5 black.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
joel siragher
United States
silver spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HEY! thanks Jer!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Scatliff
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
It's about time, too.
badge
I hate overtext but love irony.
mbmbmbmbmb
Antistone wrote:
You can't make a ranged attack without a ranged weapon. It would be very unusual to roll only blue and black dice; you'd have to be dazed or something (a status effect from the Well of Darkness expansion).

Is this right? I seem to remember something about being able to "throw a rock" as a 1 blue die attack. But it's possible I'm thinking of a different game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corbon Loughnan
Indonesia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Smoo wrote:
Antistone wrote:
You can't make a ranged attack without a ranged weapon. It would be very unusual to roll only blue and black dice; you'd have to be dazed or something (a status effect from the Well of Darkness expansion).

Is this right? I seem to remember something about being able to "throw a rock" as a 1 blue die attack. But it's possible I'm thinking of a different game.

Probably a house rule.
It is not a Descent rule.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Scatliff
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
It's about time, too.
badge
I hate overtext but love irony.
mbmbmbmbmb
Huh, you're right. Not a house rule, though, it's definitely from some game somewhere. Man, that's gonna bug me for a while.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.