Recommend
19 
 Thumb up
 Hide
34 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Tales of the Arabian Nights» Forums » General

Subject: Got my copy of Tales of the Arabian Nights rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: ZMan [+] [View All]
Bharath Allam
United States
Sammamish
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Wohoo..I pre-ordered from cardhaus and they informed me today that they have got Zman's Tales of the Arabian Nights and kept my copy on hold. Drove their and picked up my copy.

Now that I have it .... got to play it:-).
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Anderson
United States
State College
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
That's good news! Thanks for letting us know!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Johnson
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Duck!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
bharath wrote:
Wohoo..I pre-ordered from cardhaus and they informed me today that they have got Zman's Tales of the Arabian Nights and kept my copy on hold. Drove their and picked up my copy.

Now that I have it .... got to play it:-).


If you are in need of someone to play with I nominate myself (Richard and Z from the Renton game night).

Hoping mine shows up soon, I've even bought some Arabian miniatures and painted up to replace the cardboard stand-ups.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
United States
Apex
CT
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Coolstuff has it listed for August release. I hope they get their copies in soon.

Anybody have recommendations where to get decent minis that match the theme?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Johnson
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Duck!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
madhatter wrote:
Anybody have recommendations where to get decent minis that match the theme?



Reaper Miniatures makes some Arabian themed minis here

I also picked up some additional female characters from them as well here.

I'm just finishing the bases and then I'll post the pics of my finished ones.
9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graeme Somerville
Canada
NOTL
Ontario
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
madhatter wrote:
Coolstuff has it listed for August release. I hope they get their copies in soon.

Anybody have recommendations where to get decent minis that match the theme?


try this thread:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/397927

I got my notice from my FL(O)GS today that they were getting my preordered copy in tomorrow and just happened to wonder if there is anything that I might want to add to the shipment...

evil tempters.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Osborn
United States
Springfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I pre-ordered from them as well. Hopefully, it will come soon.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
United States
Apex
CT
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
cuzzle wrote:
madhatter wrote:
Anybody have recommendations where to get decent minis that match the theme?


Reaper Miniatures makes some Arabian themed minis here

I also picked up some additional female characters from them as well here.

I'm just finishing the bases and then I'll post the pics of my finished ones.


Very nice minis. Do they come prepainted?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Johnson
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Duck!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
madhatter wrote:
cuzzle wrote:
madhatter wrote:
Anybody have recommendations where to get decent minis that match the theme?


Reaper Miniatures makes some Arabian themed minis here

I also picked up some additional female characters from them as well here.

I'm just finishing the bases and then I'll post the pics of my finished ones.


Very nice minis. Do they come prepainted?


No. They are metal miniatures and you have to paint them yourself.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Baker
United States
Unspecified
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
Just ordered it, thanks for the heads up!

I had hoped keeping an eye on the BGG page and pouncing on the first site mentioned would get it to me faster than picking a site and preordering, and now its on its way.

So excited.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dale Milander
United States
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Try checking ebay for some mini's. There are some good ones at:
http://stores.shop.ebay.com/MegaMiniatures_1-50-Arabian_W0QQ... It costs about $1.50 per mini and the shipping doesn't look too bad so long as you get multiple mini's from them. It looks like 6 mini's will end up being about $2.50 each from them.

I have never ordered from them so I am not sure about the quality of the paint job but it doesn't look bad from the pictures but they do paint them in bulk. Go ahead and check it out and see what you think of it.

The Windsong Bard
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Kim
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I pre-ordered from Cardhaus too and I see it is in stock on the website but have not received a call or email yet. My inner child is weeping with impatience, plus some family is coming down Monday for just a few days and I was hoping to have this before they leave.

Maybe if I sit and stare at my inbox all day instead of working it will come faster!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
United States
Apex
CT
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Mr_Kim wrote:
Maybe if I sit and stare at my inbox all day instead of working it will come faster!


I've been trying that technique these last few days. It hasn't worked yet.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
StevenE Smooth Sailing...
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a fairly sizable order with CoolStuff and am waiting semi-patiently as well...

No e-mails as of yet... but the site still shows an August release date (subject to change)

Still trying to figure out how to explain to my wife how/why my game collection grew a little more...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
United States
Apex
CT
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Just say you padded the order with stuff for your friends/gamer group to get the free shipping and that YOU only got one or two games. It works for me. If it's an embellishment, hopefully she won't then see those "extra" games on your shelf. If she does, you'll need damage control. I'd suggest going with flowers and chocolates.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom McThorn
United States
Newark
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
StevenE wrote:
I have a fairly sizable order with CoolStuff and am waiting semi-patiently as well...

No e-mails as of yet... but the site still shows an August release date (subject to change)

Still trying to figure out how to explain to my wife how/why my game collection grew a little more...


I did the same thing. I pre-ordered and then said "If I pick up a few more things I'll get free shipping" so added a few games and dice just to round it out.

My wife will probably be upset when the box of stuff arrives.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Jones
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

Ok... Thoughthammer has changed my order status from "Processing" which it has been in for 14 months, to "Packed". That sounds like a good sign right???

Of course, I just spoke to my FLGS and they will have it tomorrow for ten bucks more than I paid for it (with shipping). Pre-ordering is getting less and less attractive.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Lloyd
United Kingdom
Penmaenmawr
Conwy
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Pre-ordered from Games Lore (UK). Never played the original; never even seen it. But the descriptions are just too intriguing to resist.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Kim
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Update: My order from Cardhaus was sent out today!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
StevenE Smooth Sailing...
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Should have ordered from Cardhaus... (sigh)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Anderson
United States
State College
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got an email from Thor at GameSurplus and their orders of TotAN have come in. Yakadoo!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sheldon Morris
Canada
Fergus
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
My FLGS emailed me yesterday that they should receive them today, which means I could have a copy, in hand, today! (without having to pre-order)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Osborn
United States
Springfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I pre-ordered from Cardhaus, but I've received no such e-mail.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Kim
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I don't know if it matters but I did do the express delivery.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kelly
United States
Fairfield
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmb
any word on the status from troll and toad? Doesn't look like they have updated anything on that page.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.