Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Geoffrey LeClair
United States
Jackson
MS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules on group fire state that a unit with a damage counter that affects firepower may not support in a group fire action. I understand this if a units fire power has been reduced but what about a berserk unit whose fire power has increased? I would assume range would still be limited to one if berserks units could be used even if it is supporting. Played a game yesterday and had this occur, I allowed my freind to use his berserk unit with this aurgument. Can any one help to clarify this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Montgomery
United States
Joliet
Illinois
flag msg tools
Dear Geek: Please insert the wittiest comment you can think of in this text pop-up. Then times it by seven.
badge
The Coat of Arms of Clan Montgomery - Scotland. Yes, that's a woman with the head of a savage in her hand, and an anchor. No clue what it means, but it's cool.
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe the concept behind prohibiting units from supporting fire is that a damaged unit cannot coordinate its fire, since it is suffering effects from damage. So, I think it's more a of a coordination issue, not a +/- firepower issue.

Because of that, I would argue that any unit with a modified FP could not support an attack.

Cheers.

Chris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rule seems clear, just follow the rule.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Chris and David are correct. The berserk unit could not join the fire group. I think the fact that they are "beserk" implies as well that they are unable to collaborate well with others.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.