Popular Tags: [View All]
João 'Finding a new way to make you WTF today' Marum
Portugal
Loulé
Algarve
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Secret Of Monkey Island Special Edition is now out. It is your duty to get it as soon as possible if you never played the original.

Heck, get it even if you did. This may be the most funny game ever made, bar none. I dare any of you to play it and not go LOL once every 15 minutes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
People are...
badge
SPOCKED!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Full Throttle
Curse of Monkey Island
Grim Fandango
Psychonauts
and soon Brutal Legend....

Simply great stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy
United States
No too far from Philly
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
...but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind,
badge
...and reaching forth unto those things which are before,...
mbmbmbmb
MGBM wrote:
The Secret Of Monkey Island Special Edition is now out. It is your duty to get it as soon as possible if you never played the original.

Heck, get it even if you did. This may be the most funny game ever made, bar none. I dare any of you to play it and not go LOL once every 15 minutes.

Got it on Steam as soon as it came out today. I plan on playing it all day at work tomorrow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Abby
BC West Coast
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Did some leprechaun appear in front of George Lucas with the mystic formula on how to take my money?

Full Throttle is great. Biker adventures for kids.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
午餐先生
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Del_Esau wrote:
Did some leprechaun appear in front of George Lucas with the mystic formula on how to take my money?

He's been doing it since '77. The leprechaun's name is Yoda, who got to star in Empire Strikes Back as payment for teaching him how to take our money.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Yeackle
United States
San Luis Obispo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MGBM wrote:

When this news came out I was overjoyed. I've been trying to pick up the various titles to run through emulators, and was trying to find a copy of The Dig. Now I don't need to worry anymore.

I also recently picked up the entire Space Quest series (1-6) for only $10. I love these old adventure titles, old graphics and everything!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bah Doo
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
I choose ... the banjo!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
João 'Finding a new way to make you WTF today' Marum
Portugal
Loulé
Algarve
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nikku wrote:
I choose ... the banjo!

How appropriate, you fight like a cow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♪ Isaäc Bickërstaff ♫
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Entropy Seminar:
badge
The results of a five yeer studee ntu the sekund lw uf thurmodynamiks aand itz inevibl fxt hon shewb rt nslpn raq liot.
mb
This reminds me: I never finished Grim Fandango.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bah Doo
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
MGBM wrote:
Nikku wrote:
I choose ... the banjo!

How appropriate, you fight like a cow.

Soon you'll be wearing my sword like a shish kebab!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John So-And-So
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
badge
You and the Cap'n make it hap'n
mbmbmbmbmb
Del_Esau wrote:

If he had anything to do with these, we'd have gotten NEW SPECIAL EDITION INSULT PIRATE FIGHTING and be pissed about the scene where Guybrush opens his inventory first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
col_w
United Kingdom
Poole
Dorset
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tickmanfan wrote:
MGBM wrote:

Got it on Steam as soon as it came out today. I plan on playing it all day at work tomorrow.

What makes it special compared to the original? And does special = better in this case?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy
United States
No too far from Philly
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
...but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind,
badge
...and reaching forth unto those things which are before,...
mbmbmbmb
col_w wrote:
What makes it special compared to the original? And does special = better in this case?

Well, the graphics got a major overhaul. They added fatastic sound to all the characters. The music got upgraded. They made navigating a little more easier but using Ctrl for the actions and Alt for the inventory. Other then that it is the same old game play that you know and love.

At anytime during the game you can hit F10 to switch to the older version to do an in game comparison. They did a great job!

Is it worth it? YES!!! For $9.99? YESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff
United States
Linden
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Social Justice Wargamer
mbmbmbmbmb
Far be it from me to talk smack about anything that might expose more people to Monkey Island, but does anyone else find it incredibly disconcerting that they updated the graphics, but kept the old animations?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.