Subject: Satellite Unit VPs as the Axis Player rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Montgomery
United States
Joliet
Illinois
flag msg tools
Dear Geek: Please insert the wittiest comment you can think of in this text pop-up. Then times it by seven.
badge
The Coat of Arms of Clan Montgomery - Scotland. Yes, that's a woman with the head of a savage in her hand, and an anchor. No clue what it means, but it's cool.
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got done with my first game of EastFront. A fun game, to be sure. During the VP tally, though, we were concerned that the VP rules were a little muddled.

Under the Eliminated Units heading, do the "1 VP per satellite unit" rules mean for each ELIMINATED satellite unit? I and my opponent agreed this was the case, considering the heading, but the wording of the sentence is not that clear.

Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fredrik Borg
Sweden
Lund
Skåne
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I also finished my first game of EastFront yesterday. Great game!

Fredrik.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cmontgo2 wrote:
Under the Eliminated Units heading, do the "1 VP per satellite unit" rules mean for each ELIMINATED satellite unit?

"The Axis subtracts 2 VPs for every eliminated Axis unit, and 1 VP for every restricted Satellite Expedition unit," that part?

If so, take the Rumanian 4th army, an Expedition unit (that's what that red "E" means--2.66). If it's eliminated, that's -2 VP. Otherwise, if it's restricted (to within 1 hex of Rumania 1939, because the Axis doesn't control Sevastopol--16.4--or because it has been eliminated & rebuilt--2.66), that's -1 VP. Otherwise, there's no penalty. (At least, that's the way I read it.)

Note that this is only for expedition units; the Rumanian 1st and 2nd armies are not expedition units, and so are always restricted, so the only penalty associated with them is -2 for being eliminated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
john f stup
United States
damascus
Maryland
flag msg tools
mb
from playing computer EF, any satellite unit that is restricted cost 1 victory point even if it is not eliminated if the conditions are not covered. i am not sure if this also applies before or after the unit/s are scheduled to enter or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Montgomery
United States
Joliet
Illinois
flag msg tools
Dear Geek: Please insert the wittiest comment you can think of in this text pop-up. Then times it by seven.
badge
The Coat of Arms of Clan Montgomery - Scotland. Yes, that's a woman with the head of a savage in her hand, and an anchor. No clue what it means, but it's cool.
mbmbmbmbmb
kuhrusty wrote:
cmontgo2 wrote:
Under the Eliminated Units heading, do the "1 VP per satellite unit" rules mean for each ELIMINATED satellite unit?

"The Axis subtracts 2 VPs for every eliminated Axis unit, and 1 VP for every restricted Satellite Expedition unit," that part?

If so, take the Rumanian 4th army, an Expedition unit (that's what that red "E" means--2.66). If it's eliminated, that's -2 VP. Otherwise, if it's restricted (to within 1 hex of Rumania 1939, because the Axis doesn't control Sevastopol--16.4--or because it has been eliminated & rebuilt--2.66), that's -1 VP. Otherwise, there's no penalty. (At least, that's the way I read it.)

Note that this is only for expedition units; the Rumanian 1st and 2nd armies are not expedition units, and so are always restricted, so the only penalty associated with them is -2 for being eliminated.

Thanks, Rusty. I'm still a little confused, and I'm sorry.

First, yes, you are referencing exactly the rule I was talking about.

So, all the satellite units with "E" are expedition units and governed by the rule. Got it.

If I understand you correctly, ANY eliminated units, INCLUDING "E" units, are -2 VPs. In addition, any "E" units still on the map that are in restricted status are still at -1 VP. Finally, any "E" units still on the map that are unrestricted do not add any negative VPs.

My confusion with that, I guess, is that I just played S'43 (Kursk), and all the satellite units are restricted. None of them died, and the Axis never lost control of Sevastopol, and none of them were eliminated and rebuilt. But your explanation seems to mean that all those "E" units still on the map are automatically counted against the Axis, anyway, because under the scenario's rules, the Satellites are automatically restricted.

Have I described everything correctly?

Hope so.

Thanks again.

Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko Ruf
Germany
Schönaich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cmontgo2 wrote:
My confusion with that, I guess, is that I just played S'43 (Kursk), and all the satellite units are restricted. None of them died, and the Axis never lost control of Sevastopol, and none of them were eliminated and rebuilt. But your explanation seems to mean that all those "E" units still on the map are automatically counted against the Axis, anyway, because under the scenario's rules, the Satellites are automatically restricted.

Have I described everything correctly?

I believe so. The restriction in S'43 is due to the fact that those units were eliminated in '42. It may seem unfair to penalize you for that in a scenario game, but the handicap/VP adjustment is supposed to take care of that (and it applies equally to the scenario and capaign game).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.