9 Posts

Arkham Horror» Forums » General

Subject: "Pass Go, Do Not Collect -" BLAAARGH rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Erik W
United States
flag msg tools
Has anyone considered using Monopoly money or something along those lines in place of the little money tokens?

The little tokens feel a little forlorn/out of place and it might add a more lucrative focus to the game as well as aid in immersion (maybe add a 1920's mobster feel?).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Most people ditch monoply type money for poker chips. Strange that some one want sto actually use it.

I am sure it would work just fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Scatliff
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
It's about time, too.
badge
I hate overtext but love irony.
mbmbmbmbmb
ArkhamTraveler wrote:
The little tokens feel a little forlorn/out of place

Wait, what?!? The money in Arkham is my single favourite money implementation in any game ever. Actually appears like money and isn't flimsy like paper. I wish every game used those money tokens.

It has never until this moment occurred to me that somebody would actually not like the AH money. My world is in disarray, and part of me wonders if this is some kind of elaborate and peculiar prank.

Wow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik W
United States
flag msg tools
Ia! Ia!

Well, I just think it would give more ambiance...

I keep the little money in this little harmonica box that I happened to have lying around and they fit quite snuggly. But it's a pain to deal with them sometimes because of the box and how small they are.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik W
United States
flag msg tools
Well, not quite "a pain". I tend to over-exaggerate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Scatliff
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
It's about time, too.
badge
I hate overtext but love irony.
mbmbmbmbmb
ArkhamTraveler wrote:
I tend to over-exaggerate.

I've never done that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris ward
Scotland
Paisley
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the Arkham Money Tokens.

However I hate those magnifying glass clue things (how lame). And some time back I swapped them out for more representative markers such as half smoked cigarette butts, pieces of paper with notes like "the Byakhee did it" written on them, etc (in retrospect the blobs of snot-like slime weren't perhaps the best choice).

- Chris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Peters
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
It's time to go Full Chort.
badge
‎"NO FATE BUT THE NARRATIVES WE IMPOSE ON LIFE'S RANDOM CHAOS TO DISTRACT OURSELVES FROM OUR EXISTENTIAL PLIGHT"
mbmbmbmbmb
i'm fine with the money. what *I* hate are the doom/elder sign tokens. I personally think they're the single worst graphical design choice in the game (though not having putting expansion symbols on the monster tokens is up there two). it is simply far too difficult to tell at a glance which side is up. i wish they would have made the doom side red or something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Demers
Canada
Montréal south shore
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On my side, we use the money from the first edition produced by Chaosium. It fit the theme perfect because of the H.P. Lovecraft picture printed on it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.