United States
Mill Creek
Washington
flag msg tools
"Recetivism"
badge
RePEAT O-ffender!
mbmbmbmbmb
Could anyone be so kind as to confirm (even identify) the release of the second run of Reb vs Imp in August...? My FLGS had no copies left after filling their pre-orders. :(
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave J McWeasely
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Are you kidding? How can there be a supply shortage of a frickin' second expansion?

I understand if the base game sells out - nobody knows if its going to be a hit.

I understand if the first expansion sells out - nobody knows if the game is 'sticky' enough for people want an expansion for it.

But I can't understand how a second expansion could sell out. At this point, you know exactly how big your market is.

To add to the pain, many (most?) Americans have not even gotten their copy yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Nowak
United States
Greenville
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
You have paid retail for the last time.
badge
The human race, to which so many of my readers belong, has been playing at children's games from the beginning, and will probably do it till the end, which is a nuisance for the few people who grow up. - GKC
mbmbmbmbmb
Funagain games has it in stock.

http://www.funagain.com/control/product/~product_id=020072

The OP is referring to news from other merchants (eg Thoughthammer) that they did not get enough stock to even fill their preorders.

For whatever reason, there is a shortage. This is what happens when consumption comes before production.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean
United States
Mill Creek
Washington
flag msg tools
"Recetivism"
badge
RePEAT O-ffender!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the pointer to Funagain. I realize there are copies available - I just prefer to pick it up locally.

My guess is that there's a shortage because RebvsImp came out alongside Dominion:Intrigue (of which I heard there were 5 mil. copies printed!). If that's the case, it seems the Dominion expansion received RGG's attentions.

My point anyway, is not to complain but to confirm a rumored second run of the RebvsImp expansion in August. Does anyone know...?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Linneman
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Harrelson wrote:

My guess is that there's a shortage because RebvsImp came out alongside Dominion:Intrigue (of which I heard there were 5 mil. copies printed!). ?

5 million copies? I don't even think there are 5 million copies of Ticket to Ride.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stetler
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
overtheboard wrote:
Funagain games has it in stock.

Guess that's one advantage of only offering 20% off instead of 30-35%. After all those other online stores sell out (as they have, in this case), you become the only game in town.

Frankly I'd rather just wait until August.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean
United States
Mill Creek
Washington
flag msg tools
"Recetivism"
badge
RePEAT O-ffender!
mbmbmbmbmb
QBert80 wrote:
Harrelson wrote:

My guess is that there's a shortage because RebvsImp came out alongside Dominion:Intrigue (of which I heard there were 5 mil. copies printed!). ?

5 million copies? I don't even think there are 5 million copies of Ticket to Ride.

Yeah. Seems like a lot. Only hearsay from someone who works in a gamestore. I can neither confirm nor deny. Actually, though, I'm more curious about Rebel vs. Imperium... Because the "news" of a second run in August came from the same person.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Once the Geek has you, there is no escape...
United States
Binghamton
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fairplaygames.com has it in stock still too. They are a much better site than funagain and their customer service rocks. $17.95.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B Smith
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The owner of my FLGS said that RGG "massively underprinted" RvI, but he also said he expected to have it in stock in August. That's... kind of a confirmation.

For what it's worth, I'm taking the unavailability as good news: Race is popular beyond RGG's wildest dreams! We won't just get three expansions; we'll get three sets of expansions! Hooray!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave J McWeasely
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
RftG is in a renaissance here. Four months ago only one group played it. Two months ago there were three active groups playing it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean
United States
Mill Creek
Washington
flag msg tools
"Recetivism"
badge
RePEAT O-ffender!
mbmbmbmbmb
bcs_ wrote:
The owner of my FLGS said that RGG "massively underprinted" RvI, but he also said he expected to have it in stock in August. That's... kind of a confirmation. :)

Great. Thanks! I do take that as a confirmation. "Underprinted" happened to be the word my FLGS used as well. (Though maybe RGG was only intending to meet their pre-order quota.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.