Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
the difference between a "crowd" and a "mob" is one push
mbmbmbmbmb
the appeal of the so-called beauty mark. Why would anyone want to voluntarily place a dark disfiguring blemish on their skin? Why is it beautiful?

Ditto, tanning.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lajos
Japan
Hachiouji
Tokyo
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Because perfection is imperfect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure why people want beauty marks. Unless they are trying to look like me. I've got moles all over my body. My moles don't much bother me, but it's not like I want more of them, either.

Tanning? Tanned skin can be beautiful. So can pale skin. It all depends on the look you are going for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Exit 191
United States
Buckeye
Arizona
flag msg tools
Look to the past and learn for the future.
badge
World Cup time!!!! All work in the morning will include the tv being on Fox or Telemundo. :)
mbmbmbmbmb
I have tan skin (farmer style) but it is because of my job, not because I am trying to attain something. Fortunately for me my wife likes the "farmer tan" look.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jr
United States
Unspecified
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lajos got it right

perfection is boring
symmetry is boring if done wrong

if everything's perfect, what's to keep it from being perfectly boring [or perfectly awesome]

visual interest
movement
contrast

wmshub wrote:
Tanning? Tanned skin can be beautiful. So can pale skin. It all depends on the look you are going for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morgan Dontanville
United States
Charlottesville
VA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Plate of Shrimp.
badge
Here we are folks, the dream we all dream of.
mbmbmbmbmb
You've got to cover up the syphilis sore somehow, and velvet patches are so nice to the touch.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AMERIGAMER!
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think they should be called "fugly marks". I don't see where the beauty is in them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Penny
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe it's because someone famous has that beauty mark and inspired other women to follow it. I think it was Cindy Crawford that had a beauty mark, or was it marilyn monroe?...

Is this similar to the trend about putting on fake glasses when you don't need glasses? I have to wear glasses because I have near sightedness but only while working in front of the computer or watching tv, and driving, other times they are off. Yet some people, who are blessed with good eye sight, wears fake glasses to look smart. lol...

Oh ya, also, what's up with the pre-dirtied jeans that costs over $100? They look like a painter wore them for years.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manisha DS
Canada
North York
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The beauty mark has quite a history actually.

The Romans used to put fake beauty marks using kohl on their faces. They were used to highlight the best facial features and also cover pockmarks or other blemishes. I also remember reading elsewhere that they could even signify political leanings.

In the 17th and 18th century Europe it was quite common to have patches in the shape of stars etc. made from different material on the faces. It was quite fashionable and, along with the fan, were part of the language of flirting/coquetry. For example, a patch near the eyes showed interest and a patch near the lips showed the desire to kiss. Both men and women used these.

As for tanning, it's one of those unusual things. Women in Southeast Asia and Japan actually bleach their skins to get paler.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Penny
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
NishaDS wrote:
The beauty mark has quite a history actually.

The Romans used to put fake beauty marks using kohl on their faces. They were used to highlight the best facial features and also cover pockmarks or other blemishes. I also remember reading elsewhere that they could even signify political leanings.

In the 17th and 18th century Europe it was quite common to have patches in the shape of stars etc. made from different material on the faces. It was quite fashionable and, along with the fan, were part of the language of flirting/coquetry. For example, a patch near the eyes showed interest and a patch near the lips showed the desire to kiss. Both men and women used these.

As for tanning, it's one of those unusual things. Women in Southeast Asia and Japan actually bleach their skins to get paler.

Women in asian countries such as China, Japan and Korea do a lot of skin care to make sure their skin is soft and white! One thing is to avoid the sun! =)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.