Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Iván Juan Camps
Spain
Barcelona
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, yesterday evening during a play with a friend arose a situation I don't know if it's entirely covered in the Rules or FAQ (I watched the FAQ and didn't find anything). The thing is that my friend was playing an Arty Request order against one of my hexes (w/a leader, a squad and HMG), but during my last defense roll appeared an event trigger, a 'Field Promotion' event, and I decided to put Pvt. Herzog on 'this' hex (I was playing The German side) because all the units there end up broken finally (even the last one I made the defense roll for, that will become broken once resolved the event). The question is: Does Pvt. Herzog get a Fire Attack Roll if I place him on the Target Hex? Are the units locked for the Fire Attack Roll, like the 'Locked Values' the FAQ speaks of?
Or is the hex itself locked, meaning my Pvt. finally gets shot?

Thanks in advance...

Iva.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
O20.3.4 A player has to make a Fire Defense Roll ..... for each of his units that were in the hex at the moment that a Fire Attack Roll was made against it. my emphasis

Since Pvt. Herzog was not in the hex when the Fire Attack Roll was made, Pvt. Herzog does NOT have to make a defense roll.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iván Juan Camps
Spain
Barcelona
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, I forgot that it could be specified in the rules, and I only was consulting the FAQ.

Thanks.

(We finally played it wrong, and make a Fire Attack for the Private)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai Jensen
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
badge
I was going to buy OverText but I didn't know what to say with it!
mbmbmbmbmb
Ivappanther wrote:
Ok, I forgot that it could be specified in the rules, and I only was consulting the FAQ.

I generally recommend checking the rules in the rulebook as your primary source. laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iván Juan Camps
Spain
Barcelona
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pitferret wrote:
Ivappanther wrote:

I generally recommend checking the rules in the rulebook as your primary source. laugh

Yes, I really think the same. But this time I first searched on the FAQ for some answer to this (a kind of bad intuition soblue ) before posting it in the forum.

Iva.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drake Coker
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
This is my tank for Combat Commander
mbmbmbmbmb
pitferret wrote:
Ivappanther wrote:

You're as bad as Chad who suggested using the player aid card as a player aid. I don't understand you two at all. laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chadwik
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
mbmbmbmbmb
And the box lid is great for chips-n-dip.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Ruzzo
United States
Manchester
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wait, i was planning to store by tanks in the box lid?

oh wait, fighting formations...box lid, yeah...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Raspler
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Use the lid to store your COMBAT! dvd's! The familiar bayonettes make a perfect match.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harald Torvatn
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ivappanther wrote:

Thanks.

(We finally played it wrong, and make a Fire Attack for the Private)

I know a lot of games where searching the rules for special cases like this futile, so you may as well skip that part and go straight for the FAQ. But Combat Commander is not one of those.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iván Juan Camps
Spain
Barcelona
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Harald wrote:
I know a lot of games where searching the rules for special cases like this futile, so you may as well skip that part and go straight for the FAQ. But Combat Commander is not one of those.

The CCE Rulebook is one of the best written ones... I think...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Adamson
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
mb
And Proof read. :arrrh:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.