10 Posts

Race for the Galaxy» Forums » Rules

Subject: Victory Points count issue rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
H Scorp
msg tools
mb
So I have just acquire the game, and played a little, but me and my friend have a different approach to how to get victory points before running out of VP on the stack.

He says that as soon as you deploy or settle anything you get the points (excluding from the ? ones) and I say that the VP of the cards on the table are only counted at the end of the game.

Can anyone give me a hand please?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin G
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
Don't fall in love with me yet, we only recently met
mbmbmbmbmb
You are correct. Your friend is wrong. You only take chips for points gained through consumption.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benoît Delcorps
Belgium
Bruxelles
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
you are right and your friend is wrong...

the chips are only for counting the points from consume... the points one the developped and settled cards are taken into account at the end of the game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bert Nerdsen
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The VP chips are only gained with consume powers. The points printed in the hex on the cards do NOT get additionally represented by VP chips. So your friend is wrong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bert Nerdsen
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
3 replies in less than 10 minutes. Seems like Genie Game Server is still offline
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Everett Scheer
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Let's see if I interpretted what you said correctly with this answer:
Points on cards are points, they count as long as they stay in your tableau. However, you do not take points from the point pool when playing a card. These points are presently only gained during phase IV.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benoît Delcorps
Belgium
Bruxelles
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BTW, i wonder how short the games must have been if you applied your friends point of view...
In a two player game, you only play with 24 VP chips, so the end must come very very fast...
It must have been obvious that something was wrong with your friends conception

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H Scorp
msg tools
mb
Yes, that's what I thought, the game looked like with no strategy just luck on what your starting cards are.

So now is clear. Point at the end of gain and during the game the main source of points is phase IV.

Thanks to all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guy Srinivasan
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. At the end of the game you total your points, from the numbers on the cards, from the 6-devs, from the goals (with expansion), and from your VP chips.

VP chips are worth a point apiece (5 and 10 for the big ones) and gained through consumption.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benoît Delcorps
Belgium
Bruxelles
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And the player who developped the 6 points dev "Galactic Renaissance" scores 1 more VP for each batch of 3 VP chips he obtained from consume.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.