Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
christian arkins
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was using a mission where the writer had placed Termagaunts with Spike Rifles. The issue I have is that it lists the 'to hit' for terminators as a 4?? Is that right that a SR is better than a storm bolter?

Thanx for any info

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Bradley
United States
Belleville
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well the real question should be: Is a spike rifle vs. terminator armor better than a Storm Bolter vs. genestealer carapace?

The answer is (and should be) NO! But it is not as bad as you think a 4+ on one die is 50% while a 6 on two dice is 30.5% (11/36). I would probably have spike rifle as a 5+ on one die and termagants should be squishier than genestealers so it should also be a 5+ but on two dice with the storm bolter. Interesting. I believe there is conversion rules for tyranids in Space Hulk here: http://spacehulk.barsoom.cc/ressurected/eth/index.html

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
christian arkins
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the 5, and missed looking there. thank you for the info!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Bradley
United States
Belleville
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You should be aware that most people palytest their scenerios before posting them, and if the 4+ works in the scenerio, then use it. Give it a reasoen like they are armour peircing or whatever.

Anyway, just a warning if the marines start waxing the floor you now know why!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
christian arkins
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree. Tonight will be the first test of my mission, so pretty much anything goes. I'd love to write more, but one of my players (Cough) reads here, and I wan't it to be a surprise! Muhahahahaha!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
しんぶん赤旗
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A spike rifle has similar stats in 2nd edition as a lasgun so if you wanted you could just use space hulk lasgun stats (one dice, 6+?).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tezza jw
Australia
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Check my website: http://homepages.ihug.com.au/~tezzajw

There are rules for using Spike Rifles, along with the hit rolls needed to kill.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
christian arkins
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool, thank you for the info everyone

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.