All Things Zombie: The Boardgame» Forums » General

Subject: Works With "ATZ: Better Than Zed"? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kendall Perkinson
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
Are the campaigns and scenarios in ATZ: Better Than Zed playable with this miniatures game, or are they mutually exclusive games?

(different publishers = different games completely?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Franco
Canada
Ottawa
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm pretty sure Better Than Zed is an expansion for the miniatures game, All Things Zombie, and not the board game that you've just posted to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kendall Perkinson
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
Thanks. If someone else in the know can confirm this, feel free to delete this post.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Holmes
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Eee-va?
mbmbmbmbmb
"Better Than Zed" is kind of the second edition to the original ATZ rules. It is really quite cool, and contains an extended campaign that takes your character from the very beginning of the zombie outbreak to the point where the zombies have taken over.

There is no knowing whether the campaign will work with ATZ: The Boardgame until it is released, or at least until we get to see the rules.

From what we have been told, the boardgame has ALMOST an identical ruleset, with just some minor tweaks to let it fit on the board. If that is so, then the campaign should work just fine. I can't imagine them not including it in the rules anyway. It is actually quite simple, and just takes a few pages.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Buchler
United States
Escanaba
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I suspect the two wouldn't be directly compatible, but Ed's miniatures rules are so open for tweaking and house ruling (with his blessing and expectation) that it shouldn't be too difficult to fuse some of the campaign rules from Zed onto the upcoming boardgame.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Libby
United States
Middletown
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
While I have obviously not seen ATZ: The Boardgame yet, I suspect you will be able to "port" over items from Better Dead Than Zed and Haven to the boardgame with a little work. zombie

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Teixeira
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mb
Quote:
Are the campaigns and scenarios in ATZ: Better Than Zed playable with this miniatures game, or are they mutually exclusive games?

(different publishers = different games completely?)

Yes they are compatible. I plan on using the board game instead of minis for some games and mixing and matching the rules. Really not much to it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.