Kevin Ellingson
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For the second year in a row, Pacificon will offer a Board Game Library for it's attendees to utilize. This library will feature about 220 different games. Attendees will be able to check out one game at a time simply by providing a government issued photo ID. This library will give out attendees the opporunity to try out a new game, or play a familiar game without having to bring it to the convention.

The Board Game Library will be open extended hours this year, making it more convenient for our attendees to use. The hours of the library at this year's convention are:
Friday (9/4) - 4 p.m. to 11 p.m.
Saturday (9/5) - 9 a.m. to 11 p.m.
Sunday (9/6) - 9 a.m. to 11 p.m.
Monday (9/7) - 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.

To see the list of games that will be available in the Pacificon Board Game Library, visit our web site, http://www.pacificongameexpo.com, and folllow the links to the game listing.

To provide this service for our attendees, we need volunteers to staff the library. In exchange for a three time block (~7.5 hours) commitment, you will receive a free badge for all four days of the convention. You can volunteer to either work all three blocks consecutively, or to break them up and work on different days. If you are interested in volunteering to staff the library, please e-mail me at boardgames_cqsf@avalongamecon.com.

I look forward to seeing you at the convention.

Kevin Ellingson
Sr. Euro/Family Board and Card Game Coordinator
Pacificon Game Expo
www.pacificongameexpo.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Hung
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I'm glad you have so many games in the library to choose from. I hope that the Game Library is located closer to Open Gaming this year instead of the Board Game tournament room. Or just relocate the Open Gaming to the same area. As I recalled, it was like going to another planet to fetch a game to play in Open gaming last year since all the tables in the tournament room were assigned to events and Open Gaming was at the other side of hotel. I meant, unless you were trying to force us to exercise more with all that walking around.

--andrew

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.