Popular Tags: [View All]
Charles Rayburn
United States
Cleveland
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When looking at the four types of ships in the base game (I, II, III, and IIIA), what would be the average number of cannons, engines, cabins, and storage compartments should be expected on each ship?
I understand that every ship will be built according to a player's preferences, but if I just wanted an average that might be used for solo play against dummy ships. Thanks in advance for any input.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that's going to be a really tough question to ask. When I play, I will usually look at the cards and make sure that the cannon power exceeds the strongest enemy ship that I can find in the deck. I'll also check how many planets or abandoned ships there are, as that will affect the number of cargo spaces and crew quarters I use. I try to put in lots of engines, but it depends on how much room is left after adding in all the other things I feel I need. Basically I'm just saying that the numbers can vary wildly.

I say in your next few games, solo or otherwise, keep track of how much each gets used and make that your average (maybe plus or minus a die roll divided by 2 when you actually play.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jae
United States
Bryan
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
take out enough tiles to fill 90% of a mat, don't look at what you removed. make that the "game's" ship.

When you finish your ship, flip the tiles on the "game's ship" to see what it built, whatever it has is what it built. if it has no guns or engines and two of each.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leif Norcott
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bagherra wrote:
take out enough tiles to fill 90% of a mat, don't look at what you removed. make that the "game's" ship.

When you finish your ship, flip the tiles on the "game's ship" to see what it built, whatever it has is what it built. if it has no guns or engines and two of each.

Yea I would go with that for a solo approach and just adjust the percentage for what kind of difficulty you want.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Leppo
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If looking for a solo variant for Galaxy Trucker go here:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/371525

I think it works pretty well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Rayburn
United States
Cleveland
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. I had looked at your variant, but I still felt like I wanted to be racing other ships (at least one). I looked over this variant again and will give it a try.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.