Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
The only reason I say that is I thought Obama was touted as some sort of jock by the media. You know... shooting hoops, flexing pecs at the beach.

Who would have thunk he's really a girly-man?

Girlish baseball throwing

I should have known the guy is creepy in that way after seeing him dance like a White Man with that lesbian talk show person... you know, what's her name? Dory! That's it.

Anyway, I was catching up on some reading last night and flipped over to Red Eye for background noise and saw some slo-mo footage of his pussy-like pitch not even reaching the plate and the guy catching having to come forward to snag the weak throw. Good God! Leean Rimes got it that far and she looked less girlish in her wind-up and release.

Is this relevant? Damn straight it is! Even the much maligned Fox News cut the video short so you couldn't see how girly the Prez really is. At least MLB left it online and probably Youtube will have a dozen or so telling videos.

McCain could have probably put one in the zone and burnt the catcher's hand... and his arms are all fucked up. Palin, as his relief pitcher would have closed the deal... no doubt more than capable of getting a fucking baseball to go further than 60 feet and not looking like a D&D Geek while doing it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I see you...
United States
Avon
Ohio
flag msg tools
"I made a promise on the grave of my parents...
badge
...that I would rid this city of the evil that took their lives. "
mbmbmbmbmb
Your such a card, DW.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CHAPEL
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
Beat him 1-on-1 on the blacktop, and call me back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BoB 3K
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I dunno. That post come off more like a DarthXaos post than a DWTripp post. ...Except DX's post would have somehow mentioned having sex with what's her name, or yeah Dory and then showing 5 ways to prove the kid wasn't his.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:
We can't all be studly, manly men such as yourself DW. Some of us are fat and slow while some of us are effeminate and like women with bigger arms than ourselves.

Hey BJ... I'm a skinny old sumbitch and I could get the thing across the plate. I'm just sayin'... Presidents, at least the male versions, ought to be able to throw a baseball like a man! For Chrissakes! It's the American Pastime! He probably cuts his hot dogs into little pieces with a fork and knife too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TOGB
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can see the OP was created solely to flare up comments, so I won't bother with that, but I did see this today and thought it was funny. Kimmel created a pseudo attack ad. Best part - "like this guy".

http://www.breitbart.tv/barack-omama-jeans-jimmy-kimmel-atta...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:

I hate basketball. Loathe it. Don't watch it. Never played it. Don't care about it. Have zero admiration for anyone because they play it. It's stupid.

But that said, he probably shoots like a girl. I'll go check out some footage and see for myself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CHAPEL
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:
MWChapel wrote:

I hate basketball. Loathe it. Don't watch it. Never played it. Don't care about it. Have zero admiration for anyone because they play it. It's stupid.

But that said, he probably shoots like a girl. I'll go check out some footage and see for myself.

Didn't baseball die in 1994? Do people still watch it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CHAPEL
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GAWD wrote:

As for this ...

MWChapel wrote:

He doesn't want any piece of me ... I'd dunk on his sorry ass.

HAHAHAHA...Ok, gamer/b-ball hero.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I see you...
United States
Avon
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GAWD wrote:
Isn't baseball just generally girly ... it's already basically the most lame, boring, uninteresting sport on the planet (and that's saying alot considering people play cricket and curling).

I think what would really qualify him as a metro is if he shaved either his arms or legs ... then he'd be about as metro as one can get.

As for this ...

MWChapel wrote:

He doesn't want any piece of me ... I'd dunk on his sorry ass.

Curling has to be one of the most girly sports. The sport has people sweeping! And everyone knows sweeping is a women's job.

Of course Football has the players patting each other on the asses. That alone makes me question it's masculinity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BoB 3K
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:

To dare to actually discuss somthing in this thread, I've never watched basketball except some NCAA tourny because it goes well with beer. But, my wife and I ended up watching a lot of the NBA playoffs this year because watching sports on an HD TV is cool, and you can do other things while watching sports, like play a boardgame. Anyway, the games were suprisingly good. They mostly stayed close. The leads went back and forth. They went down to the wire often, and even when they didn't, they had hardly any of that stupid foul and timeout shit that I swear happens at the end every NCAA game even if the team is down by 12.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BoB 3K
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And to answer the question--the most girly sport is child-bearing. Chuh! Totally for girls. Pffah. Girls...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I see you...
United States
Avon
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Boxing: Notice the fighters match their trunks to their robes. Totally a girl thing to do. And how hard can they be punching if their opponents stay up so long? Girl Scale: 7

Hockey; Sure, they have all that cool fighting, but can anything with figureskating in it really be considered manly? Girl Scale: 4.7

NASCAR: Driving around for hours making nothing but left turns? And they're on the phone with their collegues? Totally Girlish! Girl Scale: 9
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John O'Haver PhoDOGrapher
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Pet photographer, that's me.
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
NASCAR: Driving around for hours making nothing but left turns? And they're on the phone with their collegues? Totally Girlish! Girl Scale: 9

I have to agree based on the sheer number of young women I see talking on their cell phones while driving too fast everyday.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Snowball
Belgium
n/a
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Even if I were richer, that would really pain me to waste a thousand bucks for such a silly thread

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:
DWTripp wrote:
MWChapel wrote:

David Letterman does. But mainly to get material for more A-Rod and Palin jokes I think.

Baseball, to me, is pretty masculine. It's a combination of strategy, intimidation and athletic ability. It relies heavily on the whole team, not just the tallest guy who can dunk and hang on the rim.

But... I'm not a real fan of baseball either. Even though I'd rather watch it than basketball any day.

As for Obama's not-so-manly sports chops... I have no idea if he's a good b-ball player or not. All I've ever seen is some stock footage of him prancing around in a pair of shorts and sleeveless shirt with a bunch of guys who look like high school students.

Watching that footage of Obama made me wonder... why even participate if you're going to look like a girl when you do it? And I also agree with the jeans joke. Man, what about some 501's or Wranglers Mister President? Those did look like those Docker jeans that all the nerds loved back in the 80's.

I say Obama should stick to things he looks good doing. Like patronizing us and apologizing for America. And maybe shopping with Michele. He apparently can swim and so I recommend he toss out the first swimmer at the next Olympics. Anything to not embarrass America in front of the Japanese and Cubans who actually know how to throw a baseball.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
He can't be metro because they're making fun of his "mom jeans" as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
George W Bush was afraid even to try to get the ball over the plate. What does that make him?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Quote:
Sheesh, Tripp, you're so unhip it's amazing your ass hasn't fallen off.

It did. Well, to be completely honest, I identify with George Carlin who did a righteous monologue about not having a real ass to begin with. As he put it, his black buddies in Philly always cut him this way: "M'man! M'man ain't got no ass!"

Thanks for the hip lingo tips Gen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
George W Bush was afraid even to try to get the ball over the plate. What does that make him?

A smart motherfucker who's personal ego wasn't bloated enough to embarrass America with his lack of talent.

Plus, when you own a baseball team you don't need to be able to pitch.

**edit**

But hey David... here's how a real man does it:

Notice the ease with which he tosses the ball in a masculine way? No goofy looking wind-up, no self-conscious strutting. Just tossing the ball far enough that the catcher doesn't have to leap forward to scoop it up.

And no creepy jeans either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I see you...
United States
Avon
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:
DaviddesJ wrote:

A smart motherfucker who's personal ego wasn't bloated enough to embarrass America with his lack of talent.

Plus, when you own a baseball team you don't need to be able to pitch.

Baseball isn't masculine...Matching outfits, really?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:

You can't even keep your rants straight. You're complaining that Obama is showing off by throwing out the first pitch, and also that his performance is embarrassing?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yeah, my first consideration on who to vote for is BASEBALL PROFICIENCY.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
DWTripp wrote:

You can't even keep your rants straight. You're complaining that Obama is showing off by throwing out the first pitch, and also that his performance is embarrassing?

I'm not complaining at all. Just making fun of a pretentious jerk who tries to show off and ends up looking like a dork.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BoB 3K
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:
I'm not complaining at all. Just making fun of a pretentious jerk who tries to show off and ends up looking like a dork.

Wait, now when did the self-deprecation start?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.