uwe eickert
United States
Fremont
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules for Storms of Steel done. I would like to get some reactions from players. There have been some subtle, but really deep reaching changes.
Meaning, the rules have been streamlined and I am told they are much easier to learn. But we also opened them up for better reaction capabilities. I am really excited about this version and love playing the new system. We played most of the AtB firefights with the new ruleset and they were great.

Please email me at ueickert@gmail.com with a NON-BBG email address!!! This way I can send you the 9 meg file.

I would like some immediate comments to the rules back to me by Sunday.

I also hope to see some of you at Historicon this weekend where I will be demoing some of the SoS firefights!

Thanks,
Uwe
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Mendes de Oliveira
Brazil
Maringá
Paraná
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
someone have received the rules?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Grapentine
United States
Utica
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I emailed yesterday......haven't seen anything yet. "Patience grasshopper" I keep telling myself. Can't wait to see em!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brazil
Maringá
Paraná
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yeah... me too... i'm very anxious on them!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Grapentine
United States
Utica
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If anyone else gets the rules in their email, I'd love to know. I've been having some troubles receiving email within the past couple weeks. Just seeing if they've already been sent out or not. Thanks much!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lots of people probably have email accounts that won't accept 9MB attachments. I know I do. Posting it publicly for comments would get a lot more responses.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Wheal
United States
Kosse
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Got mine on gmail. Made a few suggestions and Uwe was quick to reply !!

Great stuff !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Paeuser
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have not received any e-mail yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Treacher
United Kingdom
Moorlinch
Somerset
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It could be that there's simply been a flood of offers to help, plus Uwe is doubtless busy with last-minute checking, plus attending Historicon as mentioned in the original post...

I received the pre-release rules on Thursday and have been going over them with a finetooth-comb since, and have swapped a couple of e-mails with Uwe in the interim.

Succinctly... it looks very good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
Lots of people probably have email accounts that won't accept 9MB attachments. I know I do. Posting it publicly for comments would get a lot more responses.

Make a gmail account. It takes seconds, and they accept attachments at least 20MB in size.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brazil
Maringá
Paraná
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
in my situation, i've sent an email from a gmail account, and don't have answer... it means that some people will not receive the manual?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ph’nglui mglw’nfah Cthulhu R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn!
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just wondering, Uwe, if this might lead to (optional) rule changes for AtB. Love your game, by the by.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brazil
Maringá
Paraná
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
received mine today! great stuff!
i'll try the AtB ff #1 today with these new rules

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brazil
Maringá
Paraná
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
someone that received the rules seen this at the end?

Quote:
Current and soon to be released games in the Conflict of Heroes series:
5001 Awakening the Bear - Russia 1941-42
5101 Expansion Board - The Marsh
5102 Price of Honour - Poland 1939 Expansion
5002 Storms of Steel - Kursk 1943
5003 First Men In - Normandy 1944 (2009)
5004 Isle of Doom - Crete 1941 (2010)

it's more one stand-alone? it will be wonderfull!
and where is "Under Burning Skies - Africa 1942"
hope this one isn't a replacement...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Isle of Doom is, to the best of my knowledge, another stand-alone module. Under Burning Skies is, (also the best of my knowledge) still in the works but planned to come out at some point after the ones listed in the manual.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Jacobsson
Sweden
Upplands Vasby
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Felkor wrote:
Isle of Doom is, to the best of my knowledge, another stand-alone module. Under Burning Skies is, (also the best of my knowledge) still in the works but planned to come out at some point after the ones listed in the manual.

Since Unpublished Prototype has it's own entry now, shouldn't Isle of Doom also have one? cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jonjac wrote:
Felkor wrote:

Since Unpublished Prototype has it's own entry now, shouldn't Isle of Doom also have one? cool

I agree, it should! I'll submit an entry for it in the next day or so, unless someone beats me to it. I added "Under Burning Skies" - at the time I thought it was coming out earlier, based on what Uwe had said in a couple of interviews.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
uwe eickert
United States
Fremont
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry guys, I was overwhelmed by the number rules requests and only sent them out to the first 25 people. It takes me a long time to forward the rules, since I have not figured out a quick method. I will try to get them posted by the end of the week on our webpage for you to download.

I attended Historicon, which was incredible. We play a lot of Storms of Steel firefights and had a blast. I must say that I am re-invigorated with these new rules and love playing them. We have playtested most of the AtB firefights and they also play very slick. I will post an AtB version if necessary, even though the SoS should work fine. I would just have to take out the parts with snipers, SPGs, airplanes, balkas, and gunpits, etc.

I want to reiterate that the changes have streamlined what we had, not changed them completely! I actually cut an entire page of rules out with this new version.

Thanks to all of you who proofed the rules and spent time on them. I may resend them out now, since I am finally finished with the editing. Maybe this "final print" version can be proofed one more time before the rules get sent to the printers.

Uwe
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Warren
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Uwe,

Definitely let us now when you post the new rules to the website. I would love to test them out with AtB! Great game by the way. My most played game over the past two weeks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schenck
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
GO BUCKS!
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
uweeickert wrote:
Thanks to all of you who proofed the rules and spent time on them. I may resend them out now, since I am finally finished with the editing. Maybe this "final print" version can be proofed one more time before the rules get sent to the printers.

If you quickly post them to BGG, you'll get a lot more eyes on it than just sending them to the same 25 people again. We have some pretty keen proofreaders on this site, and I think you'd be pleased with the results of a public proofreading.

(Plus, I'm not one of the 25, so that's a motivation too.)
laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
I think Uwe tried but the 9MB filesize is larger than BGG's limit?

On a related note - any thought to increasing the rules print run and allowing folks to purchase a copy for AtB? Or for a small donation, having another copy added to SoS that can either provide 2 copies (1 for each player) or a spare copy that can be moved over to AtB?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike M
United States
Pisgah Forest
North Carolina
flag msg tools
www.gameholecon.com
badge
129/420
mbmbmbmbmb
Uwe,

Is the end goal to have a single rulebook that covers all the WWII games? Or at least a ruleset that has no conflicting rules between the different games?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jonjac wrote:
Felkor wrote:

Your wish is my command!

Here it is:

Unpublished Prototype

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
uwe eickert
United States
Fremont
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Ovis,
You are correct. Storms of Steel has the same base rule set. The main difference is that we clarified the rules based on comments and questions posted on BBG and other places. The biggest modification is that we steamlined the action process. Players take turns by either taking one action or passing. This allows both players to activate units at the same time! This is a cleaner simulation of MG fire and other aspects of the game. We have playtested this modification with all of the AtB firefights with great success. So players can play with either version of the rules.

In summary, I plan to continue with this modified version of the ruleset for all of the CoH games (Call is v2.0). We will be posting an updated v2.0 AtB rule set soon (It will be the SoS set with a different name on the cover). The summary sheet shipping with SoS includes all terrain features form both games. I will also be posting a compiled list of the updates for the experienced players. Hopefully James can help with this, since he is a walking computer when it comes to this stuff!

I will also have extra rules printed for those of you who what an extra copy.

Thanks again for all of the great ideas.

Uwe
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
uweeickert wrote:
I will also be posting a compiled list of the updates for the experienced players. Hopefully James can help with this, since he is a walking computer when it comes to this stuff!

As always, I will do my best!

James

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.