Chick Lewis
United States
Claremont
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In another thread it has been stated that Prize ships have no 'Recognized' or 'Unrecognized' status, they can always be attacked by British Forces.

My belief is that only Recognized prize ships can be so attacked.

Which is correct, please ?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Chick
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Global Nomad
Portugal
Barcelona
flag msg tools
The 16th century São João Baptista, also known as Botafogo (Spitfire) was a Portuguese galleon warship considered the most powerful warship in the world at the time.
mbmbmbmbmb
your belief is correct
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Day
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
My belief is that only Recognized prize ships can be so attacked.

You are correct. Section 3.2.3 of the rules on p8 states that Prize Ships are disguised vessels and must be first recognized before they may be attacked by the British Forces.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chick Lewis
United States
Claremont
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks very much, Mario and Jim.

I'm enjoying this game WAY more than I should be.

Chick
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aron Fender
United States
Vandalia
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My friend received his copy a couple of weeks ago and this past Saturday we played our first game, we both enjoyed it.

However regarding the Prize Ships - what cards or actions take place in the game that allow you to 'recognize' them before intercepting?

If I had the game I could possibly look at the cards to find out but just curious as I sit here with nothing better to do.

Thank you,
Aron

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Burt
United Kingdom
Cambridge
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Same way you recognise a raider - using Wireless Intercept (and I think a few other cards).

Also, once a ship is recognised it stays that way unless its owner does flag change
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.