Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brent Barbee
United States
Plainwell
Michigan
flag msg tools
Intro

With my local FLGS discounting the Alien Queen by 40% and already having a few Aliens and Predators my friend Bret and I decided to put the queen to the test and see if she and her brood could defend themselves from a predator onslaught.

Pregame

We chose to use the Alien Containment map that comes with the alien queen as this seemed to be a good mix of open space and hallways to give us a chance to encourage both hand to hand and range combat. Each of us selected 450 points (Queen 350 + 2 Aliens for me) and with the placement of a few scientist victims play began.

Gameplay

Each of the pieces played out pretty much as expected with both Aliens and Predators playing true to their big screen abilities. The Unchained Queen is a hand to hand powerhouse that is best handled at range as my predator opponent soon found out.

Post Game

Fun but frustrating best summed up this game session. While we both felt that the Alien Queen HorrorClix set was fun to play we both agreed that it was what we would both consider a mission oriented piece best suited to goal play as opposed to a pickup game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.