Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott G
United States
Harrisonburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Some impressive discounts, including 40% off if you buy four or more games.

http://www.gmtgames.com/news.aspx?showarticle=134

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chester
United States
Temple
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fantastic sale. GMT really does it right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Wilsey
United States
Arvada
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I will always support a company that helps out the out of work gamer!!!! Got my order in with 2 P500s. 50% off the order!!!! What a great company.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Seitz
United States
Glen Allen
VA
flag msg tools
badge
Like water spilled on the ground, which cannot be recovered, so we must die. But God does not take away life; instead, he devises ways so that a banished person may not remain estranged from him. 2 Sam 14:14
mbmbmbmbmb
LordTennyson1971 wrote:
I will always support a company that helps out the out of work gamer!!!! Got my order in with 2 P500s. 50% off the order!!!! What a great company.

Yes, GMT is a great company!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action
United States
Hickory
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
mbmbmbmbmb
LordTennyson1971 wrote:

Wow..

For those of you who don't know:

Quote:
3. The “Tough Economy” Special Offer is Back!!: Many in the gaming community turn to games as a welcome respite from their day jobs, using money from those day jobs to buy the games. In these difficult times, some of our loyal customers have lost their day jobs. No jobs and no cash to buy games is a morale buster. Now, we can’t help in the new job department, but one thing we can do is at least help you continue to enjoy the games while you are job hunting. It was our pleasure to help several hundred out of work gamers last fall to have new games to play over the holidays, and given the continued economic difficulties in America and abroad, we have decided to offer the special again to anyone who has since become unemployed.

So, if you did not participate in our Tough Economy Special offer last Christmas and have lost your job since November 30, 2008 and remain unemployed, if you will provide verification of such status to Tony (a_curtis@sbcglobal.net) or the office folks by mail or phone or e-mail, we will send you TWO FREE IN-STOCK GAMES of your choice. Play them, Enjoy them, and know that we will keep this information private and wish you only the best for a quick recovery.

We hope you all enjoy this Summer Warehouse Clearance Sale, and that you find several games you like at these great prices!

Enjoy the games!

That is just outstanding. I am proud to support such a company.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent Appel
United States
Fairchild AFB
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Amazing. I still have a job, but this gesture has made me commit to buying my next game from GMT.

-v
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lupi
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you buy the 4 games to get the 40% off, does that discount also apply to any p500 titles you then add to your order?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chester
United States
Temple
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The P500 games are not discounted (beyond the normal P500 discount). They're also not charged at this time until the games are ready for shipping. Its just an incentive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Moneta-Koehler
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
This is a superb sale. Buy away people. Buy away.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Tourville
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Picked up Conquest of Paradise and Gustav Adolf.

Dangit, GMT, why must your sales be so good?!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action
United States
Hickory
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
mbmbmbmbmb
SgtShellback wrote:
Picked up Conquest of Paradise and Gustav Adolf.

Dangit, GMT, why must your sales be so good?!

I've considered both of those...I'm trying to narrow down my 4 choices now. I've already picked Manoeuvre and Great Campaigns of the Thirty Years War as my pre-orders...now I have to decide on the others...

decisions decisions...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Wilsey
United States
Arvada
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Agreed!

Wellington
Under the Lily Banners
Clash of Monarchs
Men of Iron

P500
Stalin's War
Twilight Struggle Deluxe
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Gray
United States
Watertown
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like to take advantage of the sale, but my research hasn't led me to any clear winners.

I would get C&C Ancients, but not in stock (and I don't want the white box). I already have Ardennes 44 and Twilight Struggle on P500.

I've just forayed into wargaming with RAF and D-Day at Omaha Beach. What, in your opinion, are the "must-haves"?

(also: agreed that I have never seen anything like that "out of work" deal. That is wild and wonderful. I hope it is not abused.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Buchler
United States
Escanaba
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Christmas in July for me!

Prussia's Glory II, Glory III and Silver Bayonet (which has been on clearance for a while) were my selections. All three are from wars/eras I don't have representation for in my collection, so this is great for me (and some justification for the purchase...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott G
United States
Harrisonburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
furtherbum wrote:
I'd like to take advantage of the sale, but my research hasn't led me to any clear winners.

I understand your dilemma, I already have most of the GMT games that I want. Successors (third edition) is the remake of a classic, and I've really enjoyed Europe Engulfed. Unless I take the plunge into Combat Commander, Barbarossa: Kiev to Rostov, 1941 is the only GMT title on my current "to purchase" list and maybe some C3i magazines. That's a shame because the other posters are right, GMT is a class act company that merits the support of gamers.

For those of you just browsing, I found the "multiple item order form" really helpful.

http://www.gmtgames.com/s-7-multiple-item-order-form.aspx

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh P.
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
woodjh wrote:

For those of you who don't know:

Quote:
3. The “Tough Economy” Special Offer is Back!!: Many in the gaming community turn to games as a welcome respite from their day jobs, using money from those day jobs to buy the games. In these difficult times, some of our loyal customers have lost their day jobs. No jobs and no cash to buy games is a morale buster. Now, we can’t help in the new job department, but one thing we can do is at least help you continue to enjoy the games while you are job hunting. It was our pleasure to help several hundred out of work gamers last fall to have new games to play over the holidays, and given the continued economic difficulties in America and abroad, we have decided to offer the special again to anyone who has since become unemployed.

So, if you did not participate in our Tough Economy Special offer last Christmas and have lost your job since November 30, 2008 and remain unemployed, if you will provide verification of such status to Tony (a_curtis@sbcglobal.net) or the office folks by mail or phone or e-mail, we will send you TWO FREE IN-STOCK GAMES of your choice. Play them, Enjoy them, and know that we will keep this information private and wish you only the best for a quick recovery.

We hope you all enjoy this Summer Warehouse Clearance Sale, and that you find several games you like at these great prices!

Enjoy the games!

That is such an awesome deal. I am one of many Arizona teachers who lost his job this year due to the economic downturn (7500 total by last count). A couple new games will definitely cheer me up.

I just e-mailed Tony a copy of my unemployment insurance paperwork. (Blacked out the social security number, of course.) I asked for Asia Engulfed and Europe Engulfed. Looking forward to trying them out.

Thanks, GMT.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Gray
United States
Watertown
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
joshp wrote:
I just e-mailed Tony a copy of my unemployment insurance paperwork. (Blacked out the social security number, of course.) I asked for Asia Engulfed and Europe Engulfed. Looking forward to trying them out.

Thanks, GMT.

I have a job, and I can't afford those two games.

Edit: thinking about my post since, it may have appeared pretty insensitive. Joshp, I'm very sorry you lost your job, and I'm pleased that you can be a recipient of this great offer. I'm just hoping that GMT doesn't see a reaction where everyone gets the most expensive games. Anyway, they seem like a knowledgeable enough company that if they have a problem with it, they can put a dollar limit on the combined total. I think I would have gotten the same ones you did.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Buchler
United States
Escanaba
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In my excitement to order my three games, I failed to realize I qualified for an additional 30% off. A half hour after completing my transaction, I live-chatted with GMT and they gave me the coupon deal as well. Whoot!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Scheiderich
United States
Liverpool
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In my hem-and-haw sate on what to order, Napoleonic Wars simply disappeared from GMT's web site. Not in out of stock even.

It was there when I started lookin' this AM at $60.

There are the quick - who "gets da game" and "da slow who dunt"...blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, great company, policies that deserve supporting.

Too damn bad they don't have any games of interest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Scheiderich
United States
Liverpool
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As wryone just pointed out to me, Napoleonic Wars is on GMT's Multiple Order form - just under THE Napoleonic Wars not just Napoleonic Wars. See what our education system has done to us - not to mention old age...

LHIM wrote:
In my hem-and-haw sate on what to order, Napoleonic Wars simply disappeared from GMT's web site. Not in out of stock even.

It was there when I started lookin' this AM at $60.

There are the quick - who "gets da game" and "da slow who dunt"...blush
blushcry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Strope
United States
kansas city
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Damn you GMT. I spent way too much money with you today. Of course, I received 2 free games from them around xmas, so it's only fair that i picked up 7 games and 3 on the P500.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Ho
United States
Frederick
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow...what a class act by GMT to help out out-of-work gamers!!! This alone would definitely make me want to purchase games from this company. The problem I have is that I don't know much about GMT games, except for C&C: Ancients. I'm not much of a war-gamers, so I will need some help from the war-gamer veterans to let me know which games I should purchase. I'll definitely purchase the C&C: Ancients white box, so I will need at least 3 more in-stock games. I prefer games that have 3 or more players, and non-World-War (preferably Fantasy or Ancient).

Please let me know which games I should consider purchasing to support this company.

Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Pennington
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
If your orange juice doesn't burn on the way down, then you need more vodka!
mbmbmbmbmb
nighthawk326 wrote:
Wow...what a class act by GMT to help out out-of-work gamers!!! This alone would definitely make me want to purchase games from this company. The problem I have is that I don't know much about GMT games, except for C&C: Ancients. I'm not much of a war-gamers, so I will need some help from the war-gamer veterans to let me know which games I should purchase. I'll definitely purchase the C&C: Ancients white box, so I will need at least 3 more in-stock games. I prefer games that have 3 or more players, and non-World-War (preferably Fantasy or Ancient).

Please let me know which games I should consider purchasing to support this company.

Thanks in advance!

For you I would highly recommend The Kaiser's Pirates as it is a simple battle card game that is great fun and supports 2-4 players. I have introduced it to several eurogamers and they loved it as well as wargamers. Twilight Struggle is also a good choice for anybody as it is pretty easy to learn and a heck of a lot of fun. Conquest of Paradise might be another that might interest you as it doesn't feel like a heavy wargame. It is about exploration but also battling for control of Pacific Islands. If you aren't afraid to try a full on wargame Combat Commander: Europe or Pacific would be a great choice as they are not too difficult and have some of the best rulebooks I have read.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hillery
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, everybody on the planet should have Battle Line, in my opinion. Pick up a pile and give them out as Christmas presents. In fact, anybody doing any GMT order for 1-3 games should add enough copies of Battle Line to get your order up to 4 games - the extra 10-30% savings will probably make the order cheaper. Plus it's just a great game for pretty much any kind of gamer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.