United States
Thousand Oaks
CA
flag msg tools
Visit the Wargame Bootcamp guild
badge
Muppet !
mbmbmbmbmb

It's great (but sad as well) that GMT are offering free games to those unfortunate enough to lose their jobs.

Quote:

3. The Tough Economy Special Offer is Back!!: Many in the gaming community turn to games as a welcome respite from their day jobs, using money from those day jobs to buy the games. In these difficult times, some of our loyal customers have lost their day jobs. No jobs and no cash to buy games is a morale buster. Now, we can’t help in the new job department, but one thing we can do is at least help you continue to enjoy the games while you are job hunting. It was our pleasure to help several hundred out of work gamers last fall to have new games to play over the holidays, and given the continued economic difficulties in America and abroad, we have decided to offer the special again to anyone who has since become unemployed.

So, if you did not participate in our Tough Economy Special offer last Christmas and have lost your job since November 30, 2008 and remain unemployed, if you will provide verification of such status to Tony (a_curtis@sbcglobal.net) or the office folks by mail or phone or e-mail, we will send you TWO FREE IN-STOCK GAMES of your choice. Play them, Enjoy them, and know that we will keep this information private and wish you only the best for a quick recovery.

We hope you all enjoy this Summer Warehouse Clearance Sale, and that you find several games you like at these great prices!

Enjoy the games!

Your Friends at GMT Games

Toll Free Order and Support Line: 800-523-6111
E-mail: gmtoffice@gmtgames.com

This is just a part of their Special Offers, but a great offer.

Well done GMT
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Nomad
Netherlands
Den Bosch
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Even sadder, the shipping info portion of the registration form is broken, making it impossible for anyone outside the US (or its colonies) to sign up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiberius Vulpius
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow that a very great offer, thanks for posting.

Does anyone know whats the average physical weight of a hex and counter game(e.g. Gustav Adolf)?
Perhaps shipping to Europe could be interesting.(I hope so)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joao Lima
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FuXs wrote:

Does anyone know whats the average physical weight of a hex and counter game(e.g. Gustav Adolf)?

Keep in mind also the potential customs charges...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris reichl

Appleton
Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow talk about tempting offers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skip Franklin
United States
Oklahoma City
OK
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FuXs wrote:

The US Postal Service has Flat Rate Priority boxes. I just shipped a medium box to Australia. It would have cost me 98USD if a normal Priority shipment (14 lbs) but the Flat Rate Medium only cost 41.95USD. NOTE: Australia is one of the most expensive shipments from the USA.

www.usps.com

Edit: Germany is Zone 5 and a medium box would cost 41.95. This box can hold a large box game like Combat Commander, 1914, 3Dog, etc. and some tidbits like some card decks. It may also hold two regular sized games. I don't have one of those boxes here at the house to make sure. If sent by weight a 5 pound box costs 39.50 and a 6 pound box costs 42.95.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
FuXs wrote:

For both Gustav Adolf and Under the Lilly Banners ($70, plus 20% off), surface mail (cheapest option) is about 20 bucks. Not bad.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiberius Vulpius
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanx Darksan for the info, but there is also a shipping table at GMT
http://www.gmtgames.com/GMTShippingTable.htm

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Bradley
United States
Belleville
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is an awesome deal. I chatted with one of the office girls and she said all games, modules and expansions qualify for the discount. So you could get a base game plus three modules or expansions and get 40% of all the whole lot!

(and to sweeten the deal, pre-order two P500 games to get an additional 10% off)

I think GMT games is single handedly turning me into a wargamer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
davide pessach
Israel
Tel Aviv
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Guys, I do think GMT Games is doing something worth of praising.
Here is the logic breakdown: you are my customers, you buy my games with your hard earned cash, and in doing this you give us a privilege...
Now it's a very bad time to spend money, and games are something people can live without so they should concentrate their money on priority goods.
But. This is just temporary (hopefully) and we would like to give you the possibility to keep playing, even in this bad moment. So here is a present, maybe in exchange to all the games we, wargamers, buy from GMT.

This could be a splendid marketing maneuver (many customers will remember this in the future) but it's also an ETHICAL DECISION from a company that is on the market and is not a social actor...so it must get money from sales in order to survive. So this, in my opinion, is ethical, brave, thought provoking and super worth of praising.
Just think for a moment if this kind of behaviour would be done by all the other companies in the world (all the industries)...

That's an example the media should give media coverage in order to spread this habit.

Ok, enough, I think you've got my point.
I'm moved by this initiative, maybe because I live in a country where egoism and being thievely smart is the nation behaviour...

That's one company I would love to work for.

Rant's over.... :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew C
United States
San Marcos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
1. Individual “Specials Page” Game Discounts. Note that there are now 23 different games and modules on the “Specials” page of our website at 40-60% discounts. These include the following games that we are adding to the “Specials” page today:
• Gergovia - Was $20 Now $10!!
• Monmouth - Was $50 Now $25!!
• Glory 3 – Was $50 Now $25!!
• Conquest of Paradise - Was $46 Now $25!!
• Gustav Adolph – Was $64 Now $35!!
• The Conquerors: Alexander the Great – Was $55 Now $35!!
• Clash of Giants 2 – Was $55 Now $35!!
• Prussia's Glory 2 – Was $59 Now $35!!

Until August 15, 2009 or while supplies last (about half a dozen are in very short supply), you can buy any of the games listed on the Specials page individually at the great discount pricing listed on the specials page. No coupon is needed for individual game orders – simply go to the Specials page on the website and order as usual. Our system will give you the discounted price. For an even better deal on these games, though (an additional 20-50% off the above prices), include them as part of a volume purchase (see #2 below)!

2. Volume Purchases of all IN-STOCK GMT (not UGG or Worthington) games: Our volume discounts are simple:
• Level 1: Order any two (2) in-stock games or modules, get a 20% discount. Use Coupon Code S0920 when you checkout to get the discount.
• Level 2: Order any three (3) in-stock games or modules, get a 30% discount. Use Coupon Code S0930 when you checkout to get the discount.
• Level 3: Order any four or more in-stock games or modules, get a 40% discount. Use Coupon Code S0940 when you checkout to get the discount. (Note that there are no upper limits on quantity of games purchased.)
• P500 Order Incentive: We’d love to get some additional P500 orders for our upcoming releases. So, as an incentive for you guys to add some pre-orders, anyone who orders at least two (2) new P500 pre-orders along with their Volume Discount in-stock game order gets to use the discount code for the next highest level (ie get a 10% greater discount). For example:
If you ordered two P500 games along with two in-stock games (A Level 1 volume order), you would get to use the S0930 discount code (The 30 % code you’d normally only use for a Level 2 order) when you check out instead of the 20% code).
• For those who are ordering the two P500 games along with a Level 3 order of four or more in-stock games, you may use discount code S0950 for a total 50% discount on your entire in-stock volume order!! (Yes, we admittedly show favoritism to our P500 supporters – thanks guys!)
Please remember that you absolutely CAN use the games on the Specials page as part of these volume orders if you wish, thereby creating HUGE discounts on some great games!
PLEASE!!!!!! Our office ladies are asking you to PLEASE use the correct Coupon Codes (the discounts will not compute without them). Please help out our office folks by using the correct codes. THANKS!

3. The “Tough Economy” Special Offer is Back!!: Many in the gaming community turn to games as a welcome respite from their day jobs, using money from those day jobs to buy the games. In these difficult times, some of our loyal customers have lost their day jobs. No jobs and no cash to buy games is a morale buster. Now, we can’t help in the new job department, but one thing we can do is at least help you continue to enjoy the games while you are job hunting. It was our pleasure to help several hundred out of work gamers last fall to have new games to play over the holidays, and given the continued economic difficulties in America and abroad, we have decided to offer the special again to anyone who has since become unemployed.

So, if you did not participate in our Tough Economy Special offer last Christmas and have lost your job since November 30, 2008 and remain unemployed, if you will provide verification of such status to Tony (a_curtis@sbcglobal.net) or the office folks by mail or phone or e-mail, we will send you TWO FREE IN-STOCK GAMES of your choice. Play them, Enjoy them, and know that we will keep this information private and wish you only the best for a quick recovery.

Love the sale parameters - I couldn't help but think I was reading a wargame rulebook. A perfect level complexity considering their fanbase!

Even their sales have depth! Great job GMT.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Pence
United States
Tallahassee
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great timing! I am just now learning the Battles of the American Revolutionary War, so picking up Monmouth for $25 was a nice treat.

And since I was there, how could I not jump on the P500 for Pensacola, 1781?

GMT, you criminal geniuses. I hope you're holding out for the sharks with frickin' laser beams.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Fox
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
Fear cannot be banished, but it can be calm and without panic; it can be mitigated by reason and evaluation.
badge
A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals, and you know it.
mbmbmbmbmb
Conquest of Paradise before this announcement ... a game I was on the fence about then forgot as other games came down the pike.

Conquest of Paradise after this announcement ... sold!

/The wallet practically flew out of my pocket
//I had no chance
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Daglish
United Kingdom
Cheadle
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was in a FLGS on Saturday, where they were selling Twilight in the East for the equivalent of $105.

Do you think they'll sell it by Xmas?

I brushed the dust off the CCA modules before I left.

So when is the best time and place to buy a new GMT game? It would seem online anytime, except the 12 months after its published. Converting stock into cash is sensible, but is it worth a FLGS stocking GMT anymore? Does this matter?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"L'état, c'est moi."
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Roger's Reviews: check out my reviews page, right here on BGG!
badge
Caution: May contain wargame like substance
mbmbmbmbmb
My take on it is this - they recently lost all their credit card data (it got garbled) because of a systems upgrade at their ISP.

What better way to repopulate your db than to have a sale where you're rewarded for making a P500 order?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
davide pessach
Israel
Tel Aviv
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would buy HIS but I got me hands full with ASL...p500'ed TS deluxe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
Cleitus the Black wrote:
Quote:
1. Individual “Specials Page” Game Discounts. Note that there are now 23 different games and modules on the “Specials” page of our website at 40-60% discounts. These include the following games that we are adding to the “Specials” page today:
• Gergovia - Was $20 Now $10!!
• Monmouth - Was $50 Now $25!!
• Glory 3 – Was $50 Now $25!!
• Conquest of Paradise - Was $46 Now $25!!
• Gustav Adolph – Was $64 Now $35!!
• The Conquerors: Alexander the Great – Was $55 Now $35!!
• Clash of Giants 2 – Was $55 Now $35!!
• Prussia's Glory 2 – Was $59 Now $35!!

Until August 15, 2009 or while supplies last (about half a dozen are in very short supply), you can buy any of the games listed on the Specials page individually at the great discount pricing listed on the specials page. No coupon is needed for individual game orders – simply go to the Specials page on the website and order as usual. Our system will give you the discounted price. For an even better deal on these games, though (an additional 20-50% off the above prices), include them as part of a volume purchase (see #2 below)!

2. Volume Purchases of all IN-STOCK GMT (not UGG or Worthington) games: Our volume discounts are simple:
• Level 1: Order any two (2) in-stock games or modules, get a 20% discount. Use Coupon Code S0920 when you checkout to get the discount.
• Level 2: Order any three (3) in-stock games or modules, get a 30% discount. Use Coupon Code S0930 when you checkout to get the discount.
• Level 3: Order any four or more in-stock games or modules, get a 40% discount. Use Coupon Code S0940 when you checkout to get the discount. (Note that there are no upper limits on quantity of games purchased.)
• P500 Order Incentive: We’d love to get some additional P500 orders for our upcoming releases. So, as an incentive for you guys to add some pre-orders, anyone who orders at least two (2) new P500 pre-orders along with their Volume Discount in-stock game order gets to use the discount code for the next highest level (ie get a 10% greater discount). For example:
If you ordered two P500 games along with two in-stock games (A Level 1 volume order), you would get to use the S0930 discount code (The 30 % code you’d normally only use for a Level 2 order) when you check out instead of the 20% code).
• For those who are ordering the two P500 games along with a Level 3 order of four or more in-stock games, you may use discount code S0950 for a total 50% discount on your entire in-stock volume order!! (Yes, we admittedly show favoritism to our P500 supporters – thanks guys!)
Please remember that you absolutely CAN use the games on the Specials page as part of these volume orders if you wish, thereby creating HUGE discounts on some great games!
PLEASE!!!!!! Our office ladies are asking you to PLEASE use the correct Coupon Codes (the discounts will not compute without them). Please help out our office folks by using the correct codes. THANKS!

3. The “Tough Economy” Special Offer is Back!!: Many in the gaming community turn to games as a welcome respite from their day jobs, using money from those day jobs to buy the games. In these difficult times, some of our loyal customers have lost their day jobs. No jobs and no cash to buy games is a morale buster. Now, we can’t help in the new job department, but one thing we can do is at least help you continue to enjoy the games while you are job hunting. It was our pleasure to help several hundred out of work gamers last fall to have new games to play over the holidays, and given the continued economic difficulties in America and abroad, we have decided to offer the special again to anyone who has since become unemployed.

Love the sale parameters - I couldn't help but think I was reading a wargame rulebook. A perfect level complexity considering their fanbase!

Even their sales have depth! Great job GMT.

Good thing we don't have a CRT or BOD results system!

Spend 50 dollars, roll one D6 per dollar - for every set of 6 - 6s rolled, get a game.

If you don't get at least 6 hits, you don't get any games.

However, their is a down on your luck cost modifier.

The worst rules are the ZOC rules - Zone of Country - entering non US ZOCs is costly and has a high potential for demoralizing the player.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.