Popular Tags: [View All]
David Me
United States
Bowling Green
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Last weekend I had family & friends over, just 7 of us, but we got several and various games in. My brother wanted to buy copies of all of them by the end of the night and has already found and bought at least one.

But his 8-year-old son Ethan was there for one game: Werewolf. He had played several times before and even won a couple of times. He loved the game. His best game was probably a game of about 13 people when he made it to the final 3 as wolf and convinced the college fellow to vote for the other villager. The guy fell to the floor when he realized he'd just been had by an 8-year-old.

Last weekend we played a small game with Ethan and I as the Werewolves. As a new tactic for him, Ethan started the game off by insisting that I was acting like a wolf! He pleaded and pleaded to no avail. A villager died.

The next day, he continued his assault on me. After several minutes of discussion, he began to VEHEMENTLY insist that I was a wolf. "IT's DAVE! IT'S UNCLE DAVE!" When I distracted people to another suspect, I didn't catch what made him start, but Ethan started crying, saying "I'm telling you it's Dave!" to my niece. His tears started flowing like his favorite puppy had just been crushed. He started BAWLING, face red and gasping for breath.

I was very perplexed but managed to get a villager lynched and revealed my card when I saw that we had won. Ethan, apparently not realizing the game was over, said (still crying fitfully) "See! I told you!" My brother said, "Then who was the other one?"

Ethan pointed and said "JIM!" At this point, the boy had me VERY confused. How could Jim be the other wolf??? Ethan raised his head! Was that a mistake? Why didn't Jim raise his head? Frustrated, I said "Ethan, show your card, the game is over!"

He flipped his card and said "I was a werewolf!" His crying went off like a spigot and IMMEDIATELY turned into triumphant, gleeful laughter!

I asked, why were you crying??? He replied, "I meant to cry all along!" He apparently planned this little show all day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien Browne
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LOL omg what a devious little cub!!

-edit- that just got two thumbs up from me

-edit2- not to forget the real hidden truth here, that you, Mr Devious wolf, in the face of a CRYING 8 year kid who is ADAMANT that you are the wolf, and declares nothing else but that you are the evil, YOU manage to continue to shift the blame onto innocence.

Who is the true player here, hmm? Sure, he turned on the tears, and that's impressive. But you DEFLECTED THEM.
I think, sir, I need you to test out this silver lined rope here please.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Me
United States
Bowling Green
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I often get comments about my deflectionary habits when I play at cons. Sometimes they are even complimentary!

My niece Alex is another good player. On one of her first games, she once had a physics major defending her late in the game, saying "She's TWELVE! We would know it if she were a wolf!! She's TWELVE!!!" She won.

Proud of my familial cubs. Even though I have none of my own, I am bringing my sib's kids into the fold of gamers in general and WW is specific. My favorite game is the game I now get the most requests for at family gatherings.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.