Glen Kehoe
United Kingdom
St Clement
Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,
We played valley of the Mammoths last night and could not finish it.
We played that at the start of each round (ie 6 of them) an event card is drawn.
However we could not advance very far as we would starve or loss key people in our tribes.
Should we be playing an event card on each 6 season turns or only at the change of a season summer to winter, winter to summer?
I hope this all makes sence and would like peoples veiws or ideas.
Thank you in advance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian
Germany
Hürth
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
I won an Games for Geekgold Lottery with 0.09% Chance of winning. You sure you wanna mess with me?
mbmbmbmbmb
Great Dane wrote:
You should draw a card at the beginning of each season turn except during the first two.
So for the first year, you would draw 1 Summer card and 3 Winter cards.

Since you start the first year in the second summer round you only draw 3 Winter Cards and no Summer cards (since the first summer is only 2 rounds)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sebastian is correct. Your first two turns there are no events, to allow you get a solid foundation before Winter arrives.

Then, you move into Winter, and start drawing one card per turn. So it turns out the first 3 event cards you'll see are Winter, then 3 turns of Summer event cards, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.