Subject: A few rules questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick Fisk
United Kingdom
Stoke on Trent
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
Come on you Seagulls! Sami Hyppia's Blue & White army!
badge
That's weird. This bit used to mention Shire Games, and tell you all how wonderful we are. But it seems to have got deleted. Let's see what happens this time ....
mbmbmbmbmb
We tried this for the first time last night.

A few questions came up:

1. Can a die be used more than once in the same turn?

If you score a card, you can only take one. But if you flip, you can flip any number of cards.

So ... If I roll a 1-1-2-3-5-6 can I use these dice to flip a 1-6 card as well as a 1-1 card on the same turn ?

2. Saving Dice

Can you save dice as much and as often as you like ?

I had something like 1-1-1-1-6-6.

I used them to flip the 1-6 card to its 1-1-6-6 side.

I also - at the same time - flipped the 1-1 card to its 1-1-1-1 side.

(I think these are the correct cards. I'm doing it from memory)

I then saved all six dice.

Next turn, I claimed the 1-1-6-6 card, and saved all the dice again.

And next time I claimed the 1-1-1-1 card, and then saved the 1-1-1-1 and tried next time to go for the Sixis card.

Something felt odd about saving the dice that were used to score a card and being able to use them again.

3. How do you set up a two player game?

Do you just have one row of three cards and the Sixis card between the players ?

This sounds like it might be too quick ....

N.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bigney
United States
Kingston
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Yes, dice can be "used" multiple times.
2. Yes, save them as long as you like.
3. For two-player, you set up three cards to the right of the Sixis and three more cards to the left--every player has "access" to six cards no matter how many players there are.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cieslik
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Banana!
mbmbmbmbmb
Mark is correct on all counts. 2-player rounds can be short -- I definitely suggest playing multiple rounds (and alternating the start player). Failing that, you can create two four-card wings instead of three-card wings.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Fisk
United Kingdom
Stoke on Trent
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
Come on you Seagulls! Sami Hyppia's Blue & White army!
badge
That's weird. This bit used to mention Shire Games, and tell you all how wonderful we are. But it seems to have got deleted. Let's see what happens this time ....
mbmbmbmbmb
OK ... Thanks guys!

N.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Tompkins
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
Never go in against a Sicilian when DEATH is on the line!
badge
You know what would be funny...
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this a rule change in the updated version?? In my rules it says "Score OR Flip One Card:" -- I didn't interpret that to mean I could flip as many cards in a turn as I wanted...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cieslik
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Banana!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, the rules have changed back to their original version. We tried a mini-expansion where you could flip multiple cards, but it made the game terrible.

Not liking terrible games, I reverted the rules change in the latest version
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hawks
United States
Apple Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What's so terrible about the expansion? I assume it's something to do with flipping multiple cards: the green cards (which are great) wouldn't really work otherwise. But what's wrong with flipping multiple cards? We feel it makes the decisions more interesting to make, and don't play without it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cieslik
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Banana!
mbmbmbmbmb
If you like it, stick with it! I don't recall the precise issue anymore, but there were a lot of complaints. With the app, I might explore re expanding the game or adding to it in other ways.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hawks
United States
Apple Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good to hear! I was kind of anxious to discover that maybe it was completely broken or something.

Unrelated (but since I know you're watching these threads) is there some way for me to get my hands on the purple dice? My Sixis set only came with four colors, but we like to play five players on occasion, and I see the game currently comes with 6 sets of dice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cieslik
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Banana!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, shoot me an email at asmadigames@gmail.com and I'll get you dice after I return from BGGCon
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.