Ethan Ranis
msg tools
As we all know, revealed Cylon players have the option of choosing between two crisis cards for humans to resolve as the action on their turn. However, many crisis cards have a "current player chooses" proviso on their instructions. Who is the "current player" on the Cylon's turn? The cylon picking the card or the humans?

This actually had a game-breaking effect on the most recent match I played - humans were down to 2 food but about to reach the final jump to Kobol. I was a revealed Cylon, and the "Current Player Chooses" allowed the player to choose between a skill check that was -2 food on fail, or automatically losing one food. The humans would have failed the skill check - only one player had the required colors for it, and he only had one card. However, the way we were playing allowed the humans to choose their option, and naturally they chose the one that allowed them to continue for the win.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PMD
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When a current player - Cylon does an action he obviously is the current player.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Current player = current player, even if that is a Cylon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If the Cylon is the current player, then the Cylon player chooses. So you can choose the worst option for the humans.

Rules Page 20 wrote:
Although revealed Cylon players do not automatically draw
a Crisis Card on their turn, they may draw and play a Crisis
Card by using the “Caprica” Cylon location. When a revealed
Cylon player draws a Crisis Card that poses a choice for the
current player, that player makes the decision.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethan Ranis
msg tools
Missed that on pg 20! Nice find, I'll have to tell my friends that next time we play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zsolt Nagy
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thoose 'food shortage' and 'water shortage' crisis cards are brutal when drawn by a revealed cylon.devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre Levesque
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nagypapi wrote:
Thoose 'food shortage' and 'water shortage' crisis cards are brutal when drawn by a revealed cylon.devil

There are not that brutal since those are president's choice not current player's choice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
The card in question was Water Sabotage based on the OP's comments.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.