Popular Tags: [View All]
Ken H.
United States
Amherst
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

About half the time, when I go to thumb a post, the thumb icon jumps out of the way and I can't click it. The screen literally scrolls up or down about a half inch. If I move the mouse to the side a bit, it scrolls back to where it was, but of course the pointer is no longer over the thumb.

Weird, huh? It happens if I mouse over a microbadge too.

I've noticed that it only happens with the thumb icons on individual posts. The thumb icon for the thread itself works fine. Sometimes it doesn't happen at all though.

I'm using IE, version 6 I think, with sp2. I have another computer where I use Google Chrome, and I don't recall having the problem there, although I'm not sure.

This is a trivial issue -- it's been happening for months if not years. I just never bothered asking about it before. It does seem to be happening more frequently though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CHAPEL
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmb
Strange. Let's test this. Just go to the bottom of my ID, an press the green button. I'll let you know what happened.

Glad to be of service.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bah Doo
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
IE6? Time to upgrade? Even better, switch to Chrome/FF/Safari.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M H
Germany
Göttingen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rubric wrote:

I'm using IE, version 6 I think, with sp2.

First you should update this faulty browser. Not only is there IE 8 already available, but IE 6 has tons of bugs and security holes. And even big sites like youtube stopped supporting IE6 since this week.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken H.
United States
Amherst
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:
Strange. Let's test this. Just go to the bottom of my ID, an press the green button. I'll let you know what happened.

Glad to be of service.

Well, I found a way to trick it. Your thumb TRIED to jump out of the way, but if I right click to bring up the pop up menu, then the thumbs hold still long enough for me to get the pointer over them.

By the way, to those who say I should upgrade, this is a work computer, so I have no control over what software they put on it. I already use Chrome on my home computer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
I had the same problem with a work computer using some antiquated version of IE6. Never with home computer (Firefox) or laptop (Safari).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Just Another User
United States
Mundelein
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This happens to me a lot as well. Usually, if I expand the browser window to full screen, it solves the problem. IE7 at work, FF 2.xx at home.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fraser
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
Nikku wrote:
IE6? Time to upgrade? Even better, switch to Chrome/FF/Safari.

This is true, but for example my Work machine is Win 2000. Thus IE 6 is the highest I can go on that machine. Chrome is out as well. However Firefox is an option and I have taken that (although it has been behaving a little strangely the last few weeks).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.