Recommend
7 
 Thumb up
 Hide
12 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Chit Chat

Subject: Only Peggle players will appreciate or even understand this rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Erik D
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
This morning, I made a shot worth 720,000 points. It was on the stage with the two fish facing each other. They each have a circle of pegs around their eyes and a pyramid of pegs beneath them.

When the stage generated, each ring of pegs around the eyes had a green peg facing inward. I selected Space Blast, then cleared out all of the orange pegs from the pyramid. After that, only 5 orange ones remained--all within the eyes.

I should've waited for the purple peg to appear there as well, but I got too eager and made my shot without checking. I hit the space blast on one side, then it flew across the screen and hit the other, giving me Long Shot, Orange Attack and Big Bang (both greens on one shot) bonuses all at once. Then, out of pure luck, the ball took out half of the remaining pyramid, including the purple peg, before dropping in the 50,000-point slot.

Final tally:
540,000 peg points
100,000 style points
50,000 fever bonus
30,000 balls remaining bonus
________
720,000 points
9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kahnt
United States
Youngstown
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
It's fun, it's healthy, it's good exercise. The kids will just love it. And we put a little sand inside to make the experience more pleasant.
badge
You know, they say there was a man who jumped from the forty-FIFTH floor? But that's another story...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
You're right... I have no idea what you are talking about.

-DK
9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hammock Backpacker
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Hot Coffee...Mmmmmm
badge
Go Take A HIke!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Here...have a cookie.

6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon
United States
Edmond
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
admin
Convention Committee
badge
BGG.CON! BGG.CON SPRING! BGG@SEA!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice. I've never got a "Big Bang" shot before.

I got a stupid amount of points on the level with the double-helix looking pegs once...dropped the ball right in the middle, and it just sat there, eliminating them all.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AMERIGAMER!
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow 30,000 balls remaining! Go forth and prosper.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris B
United States
Oxford
Mississippi
flag msg tools
Hotty Toddy Rebels!
badge
Lets go Blues!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
AnakinOU wrote:
Nice. I've never got a "Big Bang" shot before.

I got a stupid amount of points on the level with the double-helix looking pegs once...dropped the ball right in the middle, and it just sat there, eliminating them all.


Every time I've ever tried that, I can only get one level gone, because then one of them bounces the ball left or right and throws it out of the helix when it is moving.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morgan Dontanville
United States
Charlottesville
VA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Plate of Shrimp.
badge
Here we are folks, the dream we all dream of.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb


AWESOME!
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L C

New York
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
DKahnt wrote:
You're right... I have no idea what you are talking about.

-DK


It doesn't matter. I DO understand, and I am kind of underwhelmed.

Sorry Erak.

Love,
Erak
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik D
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
SybotCB wrote:
AnakinOU wrote:
Nice. I've never got a "Big Bang" shot before.

I got a stupid amount of points on the level with the double-helix looking pegs once...dropped the ball right in the middle, and it just sat there, eliminating them all.


Every time I've ever tried that, I can only get one level gone, because then one of them bounces the ball left or right and throws it out of the helix when it is moving.


I've done something like that on the board that looks like a UFO (the one that has a large oval of rotating round pegs). From time to time, the ball falls into the ring just right, so it bounces around without falling through. It'll clear the entire ring that way. The only problem is since it's still moving, you have to wait about 5 minutes before the game realizes you're not hitting anything new and causes the pegs to vanish.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kunnagh Scott
England
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

Isn't it traditional to use the 'Action Replay' button and post a bragging video on YouTube when this happens?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik D
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
kunnagh wrote:

Isn't it traditional to use the 'Action Replay' button and post a bragging video on YouTube when this happens?


If only my iPod had such a feature.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L C

New York
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
erak wrote:
kunnagh wrote:

Isn't it traditional to use the 'Action Replay' button and post a bragging video on YouTube when this happens?


If only my iPod had such a feature.


I don't see why you would need a replay when you memorize every shot you ever make.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.