Popular Tags: [View All]
Philippe Nouhra
France
Paris
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Here are some more details about PONY EXPRESS!

PONY EXPRESS is a fast-paced racing game full of innovative ideas, and the strong theme is wonderfully supported through illustrations from Canadian artist Mathieu BEAULIEU, whose first work as a boardgame illustrator brings a fresh new style to game art.

Three to five players become wild riders in the legendary Pony Express, struggling to be the first one to deliver their letters to Sacramento. To achieve this goal, they must travel a dangerous and tricky path by using poker dice as a multi-purpose tool. Specifically they use the dice to:

- Move down the trail west to California by creating poker combinations (pairs, three-of-a-kind, straights, etc.) Players can bluff about the dice they hold and travel farther west if they get away with it. If someone calls your bluff, though, he steals your horse and gets a jump on you...

- Take special actions like digging for gold, paying for drinks in the saloon and busting out of prison.

- Shoot at Indians and other players! Whenever you duel with another player or need to ward off the Indians, you shoot the dice like marbles at the opponent's pawn or the Indian pawns on the other side of the board. You'll need a steady trigger finger here. Unforgettable!

In addition to the poker dice, players will be able to get their hands on all types of essential Wild West equipment like marked cards and moonshine in order to throw some chaos into their opponents' plans for progress.

Thanks to the genius of Faidutti and Bauza, PONY EXPRESS ends like no other racing game, with two possible outcomes:

First, there's the "Jackrabbit" finish. Once a player reaches Sacramento at the end of the trail, he still needs to deliver his letters to three different mailboxes, making one delivery per turn. If no one reaches Sacramento before he makes his final delivery, he instantly wins the game. Bluff big while moving on the trail and this could be you...

Second, there's the "last man standing" finish. If another player does make it to Sacramento while the first is still delivering his letters, the two riders hold one final duel to determine who will be crowned the fastest rider in the West and who will be eating dirt for all eternity.

These two endings give hope to those players who aren't at the head of the pack, giving them a chance to storm to victory by knocking out the competition in the final moments of the game. This possibility adds a unique suspense that's unlike all other racing games!

PONY EXPRESS will debut in October 2009 during the International Game Fair in Essen, Germany.

For more information about PONY EXPRESS:
www.funforge.fr/US/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Leonard
United States
North Canton
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This sounds very cool, and I am really looking forward to this game. What kind of release date are you looking at? Will it be available by Gen Con?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philippe Nouhra
France
Paris
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad you already like it ! :)
As said in the initial post, the release date is schedule for Essen (October 22-25th). The game should come to stores in US for November/December.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Leonard
United States
North Canton
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any chance of seeing a copy of this game pop up at Gen Con?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philippe Nouhra
France
Paris
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
The Pony Express premiere will be @ Essen this year (October 22-25) so it wont be ready for the Gen Con.
Sorry for that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Leonard
United States
North Canton
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks again. Blinded by my obsession to get my hands on a new game, I hadn't realized I asked the question twice!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caleb Frazier
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I click on the link at BGN everytime I see this and go "ooh, i want". Now after reading the rules I REALLY want it! Sounds like a fun game (especially duals).

I have a concern though, what is the penalty for calling someone's bluff? If there is not a penalty then I see no reason to NOT "call their bluff" everytime.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bruno faidutti
France
PARIS
flag msg tools
designer
The player who wrongly calls a bluff is sent to prison.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caleb Frazier
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Good to hear

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.