Mystery McMysteryface
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't live close to any FLGS. Are D-20's readily available in any retail stores? Am I stuck buying it online?

I would like to have one to help keep track of movement when we play India Rails, because we find ourselves having to write down how far we've moved. A D-20 is used and suggested by experienced crayon rail gamers.

Any advice would be helpful. I'm willing to send someone a money order if they have a spare one!!

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've seen some big chain bookstores sell a standard set of roleplaying dice from Wizards of the Coast in the game section, which includes a D20 of course.

Although it may be more than you're willing to spend since it comes with the other dice and a bag.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Intres
United States
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you just need one? If so, send me a gm on where to send it and I'll give you one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
How do you not own any games that use one?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christychan
United States
Somerville
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
EgorjLileli wrote:
I don't live close to any FLGS. Are D-20's readily available in any retail stores? Am I stuck buying it online?

I would like to have one to help keep track of movement when we play India Rails, because we find ourselves having to write down how far we've moved. A D-20 is used and suggested by experienced crayon rail gamers.

Any advice would be helpful. I'm willing to send someone a money order if they have a spare one!!

Thanks!

I have plenty laying around from my old RPG days - they're generally under a dollar for a single D20 at any local game store and if they have RPG supplies, they'll stock them loose - usually in little cups on the counter. Geekmail me your addy and I'll send you one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice Hate Me
United States
Chapel Hill
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
The boardgame blog with worse luck than you! dicehateme.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure where you're located in Florida, but do you have a comic shop anywhere near you? I know the comic shop I frequented when I lived in South Florida carried miscellaneous dice. Also, you might want to try Toys R Us... believe it or not, I have seen a set of the various types of dice there before. Also, some bookstores have dice sets, as well, since the d20 system that many of them carry uses - you guessed it - d20s!

Good luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rik Van Horn
United States
Livonia
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Geosphere wrote:
How do you not own any games that use one?

Unless you role play, you're not likely to have one. I can't think of any regular boardgames that use one, although there probably are some.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Darden
United States
Lake Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aquadukt has a D20.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aloha!
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
Meega, nala kwishta!
badge
AAGH! YOU'RE TOUCHING ME!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll send you one. Do you need any others?

To heck with it, I'll send an assortment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Anderson
United States
New Boston
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mb
cbdarden wrote:
Aquadukt has a D20.

...as does Formula De (or Formula D). I think BattleBall had a few too.

That said, I'm with Rokkr; I can't think of many games that I own that have a D20. It's just not as common in Eurogames as one might think. In fact, looking through my collection, I think only Formula D and HeroScape (maybe?--it's been a while since I've played) have a D20.

Heck, makes me think I ought to go and get an assortment of dice just to have on hand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CHAPEL
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmb
What is this D...20 you speak of? What kind of fucntion is accomlished by it? Sound fascinating this D...20 device.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt R
United States
DFW
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow. Only on BGG would I see someone post a question at 10:00AM on Friday asking *where* to purchase a d20 and within an hour and a half not one, but at least THREE people have already posted that they'd be happy to SEND the OP one for free.

This is just an example of why I love it here...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aloha!
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
Meega, nala kwishta!
badge
AAGH! YOU'RE TOUCHING ME!
mbmbmbmbmb
Noonespecial wrote:
Wow. Only on BGG would I see someone post a question at 10:00AM on Friday asking *where* to purchase a d20 and within an hour and a half not one, but at least THREE people have already posted that they'd be happy to SEND the OP one for free.

So what should we send you?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mystery McMysteryface
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow!! I am overcome by the generosity!!!

I have chosen/answered my benefactor in a gmail. I will also check out the bookstore chain here when I next go that way.

So many wonderful responses, offers, and suggestions. The Toys R Us suggestion is good, however, it is also NOT close to where we live and pretty much close to an hour drive.

Thanks again!!!

kiss

Mrs. Mystery Bob
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rik Van Horn
United States
Livonia
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
carl67lp wrote:
cbdarden wrote:
Aquadukt has a D20.

That said, I'm with Rokkr; I can't think of many games that I own that have a D20. It's just not as common in Eurogames as one might think. In fact, looking through my collection, I think only Formula D and HeroScape (maybe?--it's been a while since I've played) have a D20.

Heck, makes me think I ought to go and get an assortment of dice just to have on hand.

Hah, I would have loved to have the "d20" in Formula De when I role played. I don't think it has a number below 8 or 10 on it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart Miller
United States
Sioux City
Iowa
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
check educational supply/ teacher stores if you have one near you. They often have a decent dice selection.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Powers
United States
Marble
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rokkr wrote:
carl67lp wrote:
cbdarden wrote:
Aquadukt has a D20.

Hah, I would have loved to have the "d20" in Formula De when I role played. I don't think it has a number below 8 or 10 on it.

There are 2 D20s in Formula De. 5th gear, which is the one with a non-standard set of numbers (11-20?) and a normal 20-sider.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mystery McMysteryface
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Squigherder wrote:
check educational supply/ teacher stores if you have one near you. They often have a decent dice selection.

Ooo, I have one of those close by. I'll give them a call!

Thanks for the suggestion Bart!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel Buckle
United Kingdom
Thornton Heath
Croydon
flag msg tools
designer
NSKN are publishing my next game :)
badge
Omega Centauri Published in 2014
mbmbmbmbmb
You'd be better off with a spin-down D20 (people use them in magic to track life points) - it's easier to count down (or up) using that.

The numbers go up in sequence, so once you've practised a bit you can easily go from 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 etc with turning just one face. With a regular D20 you'll be picking it up and rotating it all the time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin J
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't forget Heroscape master sets!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt R
United States
DFW
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cold_fuzion wrote:
Noonespecial wrote:

So what should we send you?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt R
United States
DFW
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Squigherder wrote:

So *that* explains some of the bizarre grades my friends and I got back in high school from some teachers...

(*cough* 5d20 *cough*)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.