Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
Check out all my instructional How to Play videos at youtube.com/GamingRulesVideos
mbmbmbmbmb
Warning. This report is not for the faint hearted.

Previously on Campaign 2: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/401751

Overlord XP gain shown in [], Hero XP gain shown in ()

We are playing with a number of house rules: http://people.exeter.ac.uk/pg234/runestone/boardgames/descen...

At the start of the session

Lord Hawthorne. Skills: Cleaving. +2 Melee traits. Equipment: Chain Mail, Bone Blade, Crystal Shield, Dragontooth Hammer, Ring of Quickness. Potions: Vitality, 2xHealing. Feats: 2. XP: 23, Wounds: 14.
Ispher. Skills: Tiger Tattoo, Master Archer. Equipment: Dwarven Fire Bombs, Ripper, Chain Mail, Crystal Shield, Elven Robe. Potions: Vitality, Healing. Feats: 2. XP: 33, Wounds: 12.
Mad Carthos. Skills: Spiritwalker, Unmovable. Equipment: Cone of Fire, Bane, Gauntlets of Power, Cloak of Deception. Potions: Healing, Vitality. Feats: 0. XP: 33, Wounds: 6.
Runemaster Thorn. Skills: Blessing, Inner Fire. Equipment: Staff of Punishment, Screaming Eagle Staff, Heavy Leather Armour, Immolation. Potions: Healing, Invulnerability. Feats: 1. XP: 33, Wounds: 11.
Party Equipment: Magic Boat, Staff of the Wild, Great Wall. 2,425 coins

Overlord Avatar: The Demon Prince
Plot: Obsidian Shackles
Cities Razed:
Nerekhall. 2 Siege tokens on Greyhaven
Overlord Upgrades: Sir Alric Farrow (at the keep), Kar-Amag-Atoth (at Nerekhall), Focused, Lawlessness, Silver Eldritch, XP: 4
Dungeons explored: Starfall Forest, Blackwing Swamp, Red Echo River, Broken Crags, Gate of the North

WEEK 12 continued

Dungeon Level 2: 13 - The Summoning

I had a good look at this level in the week leading up to the session thinking that I might finally be able to do some damage. Lots of eldritch monsters which I had upgraded. However, I had shown the dungeon layout to my players at the end of the last session and there were comments made that this might not be a difficult level, and with clever use of fatigue and breath weapons, they should be able to stop the summoning from happening. I spent all week getting excited about using a Silver Demon until an hour before we were due to start when I changed my mind and went with lots of skeletons instead.

The heroes had a plan, and it almost went ok. However, despite their best efforts, they were 1 wound short of killing 2 of the skeletons. On my turn, the sorcerers did their praying to place the tokens on the circle - then they opened the door and started bombarding the group with long range magic - the last one of them closing the door. This, combined with arrows from the skeletons caused a lot of damage to the heroes, including Lord Hawthorne down to 1 wound.

It was then the turn of the heroes. Lord Hawthorne started off by falling down a pit, killing him [+4]. They then had their best shot at stopping the summoning. Ispher ran forward and opened the door but got paralysed from some strange green gas. Runemaster Thorn moved forward with an area effect weapon, but missed. And Mad Carthos was only able to score 5 damage on some of the priests.

The overlords next turn was predictable. All remaining heroes were killed [+7] and the Bone Blade was damaged with a crushing blow. Another turn later and Mr. Demon arrives. Everything flooded out of the summoning room and Lord Hawthorne was blasted to pieces again [+4]. The Heroes tried for a turn or two to fight them, but after taking many losses [+7], it was all over.

Until, one of the players came up with a solution! Ispher took off his armour, increasing his move speed by 1. Choosing a run action and drinking a vitality potion gave him 17 movement points. Enough to get right across the map, open the door to the portal and step through. The other heroes either died [+6] or managed to teleport back to town.

This was another mistake on my part - something else I need to learn from. By not completely blocking off the doorway, I left a diagonal open - I need to remember that the heroes can move a long way on 1 turn.

The level ended. The heroes got nothing, no glyph or chest and they didnt kill the leader. They did however make it to the next level of the dungeon

CONQUEST: Heroes: 59, Overlord: 85/32, Total: 144

Dungeon Level 3: Rumour - The Prince of Thieves

Due to running out of paper after the scribblings from the last level, and me taking weeks to write up the report, I cant remember that much about it. I did remember I was trying to do some clever stuff with the leader, keep disappearing and reappearing. And there were also 6 misses in a row by the heroes! I managed to kill the heroes a couple of times [+8] and empty my deck [+3]. The heroes killed the level leader (+4), activated a glyph (+3) and found an Axe of Returning in the chest.

Completing the rumour, they now get a discount on items in towns. They decided to head back to Tamalir. On the restock, they bought some potions, repaired their 2 damaged items and used their reputation to construct a Mighty Wall (-6).

CONQUEST: Heroes: 66, Overlord: 96/43, Total: 162

At the end of the session

Lord Hawthorne. Skills: Cleaving. +2 Melee traits. Equipment: Chain Mail, Bone Blade, Crystal Shield, Dragontooth Hammer, Ring of Quickness. Potions: Vitality, 2xHealing. Feats: 2. XP: 24, Wounds: 3.
Ispher. Skills: Tiger Tattoo, Master Archer. Equipment: Dwarven Fire Bombs, Ripper, Chain Mail, Crystal Shield, Elven Robe. Potions: Vitality, Healing. Feats: 2. XP: 34, Wounds: 12.
Mad Carthos. Skills: Spiritwalker, Unmovable. Equipment: Cone of Fire, Bane, Gauntlets of Power, Cloak of Deception. Potions: Healing. Feats: 0. XP: 34, Wounds: 12.
Runemaster Thorn. Skills: Blessing, Inner Fire. Equipment: Staff of Punishment, Screaming Eagle Staff, Heavy Leather Armour, Immolation. Potions: Healing, Invulnerability. Feats: 1. XP: 34, Wounds: 12.
Party Equipment: Magic Boat, Staff of the Wild, Great Wall, Mighty Wall, 4,375 coins

Overlord Avatar: The Demon Prince
Plot: Obsidian Shackles
Cities Razed:
Nerekhall.
Overlord Upgrades: Sir Alric Farrow (at the keep), Kar-Amag-Atoth (at Nerekhall), Focused, Lawlessness, Silver Eldritch, 1xGreen Treachery. XP: 43
Dungeons explored: Starfall Forest, Blackwing Swamp, Red Echo River, Broken Crags, Gate of the North

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Aubert
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You did better the 'the Summoning' than me ...
Starting with an extra sorcerer wasn't the most cunning strategy.

Congratulation for raising your silver demon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.