Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim Scheiderich
United States
Liverpool
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone have a breakdown of how scenarios are just 1 Map vs 2 or 3 maps? Since I wnat the mounted map(s), trying to decide how many...

I have played the largest 8 player Rome vs Carthage (Zama?) that I think took 3 maps.

Thanks.

PS: If there is a Geeklist with a scenario summary that woudl be useful...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Bennett
United States
Newton
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
Why did the painter paint the wall for free? Because it was on the house.
mbmbmbmbmb
I think there are around 90 official 1-board scenarios with another 24 coming soon in expansion #4. And there are currently 5 official 2-board scenarios with another 12 on the way in expansion #5. Anything with more than 2 boards would have to be a fan-made effort.

Note that if you bought expansions #2 and #3, then you would have two mounted map boards, so no need to purchase extras.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, Expansion 3 (RCW and intro do Epic) came with six official epic scenarios (printed on big 11x17 sheets, one on each side). They have not released any more Epic in C3i, but that would be a nice thing to do. Bill is right-- all Epic scenarios use 2 maps. He is also right-- purchasing Exp 2 and 3 would get you 2 mounted maps-- all you need-- and some great scenarios and components. In fact, you can buy Exp 3 from an online discounter for about the same price as just the map direct from GMT.

Exp 5, which is an upgrade to the Epic system and has a special new deck for it, comes with 12 more scenarios, most of which are Epic/2 map versions of previously seen battles.

There are no offical 3 map scenarios and it would be rather unusual to create one, since neither side of the map is really structured that way.
On the mounted maps, one side is for "regular" and is divided into 3 sections. The other side is for 'epic' and is divided into 1.5 sections, so when you put two of them together (longways), you have 3 sections, much wider than the 3 sections in regular. Putting a 3rd map longways would give you some lines that aren't used-- confusing-- altho I suppose you could consider each map its own section and keep it pretty straight that way.

It would be possible to do a FOUR map scenario by setting up standard Epic but double deep as well as double wide. It would take a hefty table space to do it tho!

Enjoy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Scheiderich
United States
Liverpool
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your responses.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Rewoldt
United States
Loveland
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kduke wrote:
It would be possible to do a FOUR map scenario by setting up standard Epic but double deep as well as double wide. It would take a hefty table space to do it tho!

Zama to 25 banners, anyone? devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.