Popular Tags: [View All]
Pseudo Pserious
United States
Shreveport
Louisiana
flag msg tools
CLAP CLAP CLAP-CLAP-CLAP!
badge
I dislike the Canadiens. (The hockey team, that is, not people from Canada in general.)
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

Some Event cards, such as Secret Weapon and Forewarned, are triggered by Dracula revealing an encounter.

These cards wrote:
Play this card after Dracula reveals an encounter in your location but before it takes effect...

Are you allowed to play these cards if the encounter has already been revealed (for example, due to Hired Scouts or having been already encountered by another Hunter)?

No. "Revealing" is flipping an encounter from its unknown back side to its known front. This can only be done once, so an already revealed encounter can not trigger one of these Events. Otherwise, these cards would say "begin" or "start" instead of "reveal".

Yes. "Revealing" is flipping an encounter to its known front side, no matter what side it started on. Thus either unrevealed or previously revealed encounters can trigger these Events.

Yes. Thematically, it makes no sense that having extra information about an encounter would prevent you from being "forewarned" or from having planned ahead to ready a "secret weapon". If anything, it should make them more effective.

Cheers,
PP

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Feldmann SoFrankly
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am not exactly sure what the Rulemaker would say, but I would say "Yes". I always took the wording as an attempt to give the timing of the play (that this card is an "instant" - interupting the normal sequence). It was not intended to preclude previously revealed encounters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zsolt Nagy
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
#3 is correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.