Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Flying Arrow
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I posted this on an image a while back, but probably makes more sense as a general post:

The game wasn't really about the evils of capitalism, but about a new tax system. She was a proponent of the "Single Tax", where the only taxes people pay would be for the resources they consume - primarily the Land Tax. Sales tax, income tax, etc would go away to remove disincentives to production. The only tax would be on resouorce usage (including land) so that resources would be used more efficiently. The Single Tax was promoted by American economist Henry George.

http://www.thefacultylounge.org/2009/07/the-landlord-game-or...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Bob742
msg tools
War is a Racket - Maj Gen Smedley Darlington Butler d
mbmb
My understanding is that this game had something to do with educating about monopolies in general; i.e. why it sucks when so much is owned by so few.

And that it was invented by Quakers and floated around as homemade versions before someone patented it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ingemar Ragnemalm
msg tools
designer
So this was ripped off more than once? How is it possible to patent something that someone else invented?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.