United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got this in trade... appears to be 2nd edition from what I read (4 part board and plastic load chips vs. cardboard)...

However while trying to inventory and going via the rules...

The rules state 95 load chips... but when I count the break down listed in the rules and also matches my actual inventory there are only 90 loads...

In addition though I have 2 load chips with a good type that doesn't appear to be listed in the rules.... looks like tent with a little flag on the top.

I also have an extra 22 blank (unstickered) chips, just extras?

Thanks, Jeff

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Galer
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
the tent with the flag is for the Circus optional rule that I know appears in Empire Builder and Eurorails, but cant recall if it is my copy of British Rails (Tube version). If noone else helps, I will inventory my copy sometime this weekend to verify the loads. My guess is the 90 is correct, and the 95 is a typo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mgaler wrote:
the tent with the flag is for the Circus optional rule ...

And indeed knowing where to look my copy (which I now see is 3rd edition not 2nd as the rules on the cover pages says 3rd ) does have a variant called like you said "The Cirus" and references two Circus load chips.

Must be a typo as well to not have listed it in the game parts section.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
Before terraforming Mars, Surviving Mars is required: Paradox Interactive; Steam.
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
In the rules you should find a summary sheet of where goods can be picked up. Usually, the goods will be marked with 3 or 4 to indicate whether 3 or 4 chips of that type are in the game, so (left column):
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tall_Walt wrote:
In the rules you should find a summary sheet of where goods can be picked up.

yup, that's where I added up twice (not the page you listed but the opposing page) and came up with only 90. Why it through me off that the parts list says 95 but as Matt said it must be a typo just to confuse me

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
Before terraforming Mars, Surviving Mars is required: Paradox Interactive; Steam.
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
I recall a question/response from Mayfair about one of the new colored-chip editions. Eurorails? Mayfair said the sheets were correct.

I can understand this: experienced players don't tend to refer to the manual since all the rules in the series are essentially the same, with the exception of the fast rules. So, errors in the manual are unlikely to be spotted by many people, while an error in the sheet would get spotted quickly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Horner
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I suspect the answer is 90 of the chips have loads, plus the 2 circuses, plus 3 blank (spare) chips for a total of 95. This is how it is in my 2nd (tube) edition (sounds like you actually have the 3rd edition if it has a 4 piece puzzle board).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lori
United States
Edison
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just bought the 3rd Edition at a convention -- brand new and shrink wrapped. Had exactly the same experience. In the rule book, under game parts, it says 95 load chips.

I inventoried everything and came up with the standard 90 load chips, plus the 2 circus chips, plus 14 blank load chips. (Guess they were not as generous with the blank chips in the 3rd Edition.)

So it definitely seems that the "95" in the rule book is a typo.

Lori
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.