Subject: Pax Baltica Rules Questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Buckland
Singapore
Choa Chu Kang
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We had some questions about Pax Baltica.

Replacements: are RP losses from events permanent? (We assumed not - that the gains and losses only applied to the next Replacement Phase. Only the loss of provinces leads to a continuing loss of 4 RPs per home province conquered by the enemy.)

Starting forces: when a nation joins the conflict, at what strength does it do so? (We assumed that the nation would receive its normal RP allowance, even if entering in mid-year (eg. Poland if entered by Sweden or Turkey) and could use this to deploy blocks from its force pool.)

Can blocks be unloaded in an unfriendly harbour, eg. the Swedes in Gdansk (Pomorskie) at the start of Scenario 2?

Does loading or unloading, which counts as an Action, also count as movement for the land and/or sea blocks involved?

Sea Retreats: can land blocks sea retreat onto ship blocks in harbour, and/or onto ships in an adjacent sea area?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Ekström
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
designer
ALWAYS THINKING ON GAMES
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
davidbuck wrote:

Replacements: are RP losses from events permanent? (We assumed not - that the gains and losses only applied to the next Replacement Phase. Only the loss of provinces leads to a continuing loss of 4 RPs per home province conquered by the enemy.)

No. As said, they are only valid "during forthcoming year". If the event occur 1705, the losses occur during 1706 - only.

davidbuck wrote:
Starting forces: when a nation joins the conflict, at what strength does it do so? (We assumed that the nation would receive its normal RP allowance, even if entering in mid-year (eg. Poland if entered by Sweden or Turkey) and could use this to deploy blocks from its force pool.)

You assumed correctly. They start with their RP table allowance.

davidbuck wrote:
Can blocks be unloaded in an unfriendly harbour, eg. the Swedes in Gdansk (Pomorskie) at the start of Scenario 2?

Yes. However remember that this triggers Poland to join the allies.

davidbuck wrote:
Does loading or unloading, which counts as an Action, also count as movement for the land and/or sea blocks involved?

No. Movement cost 1 Action, Loading/unloading 1 Action. So for 3 Actions you could move a block to a harbour/port territory (1 action), load upon a warship (1 action) and move the warship (1 action).

davidbuck wrote:
Sea Retreats: can land blocks sea retreat onto ship blocks in harbour, and/or onto ships in an adjacent sea area?

Land blocks can not retreat onto warships in harbour (since they could have done sea retreats themselves).
Please clarify the other part of question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Johansson
Sweden
Linköping
flag msg tools
I spent 200 GG and all I got was this lousy overtext!
badge
I spent 200 GG and all I got was this lousy overtext!
mbmbmbmbmb
leffesteff wrote:
davidbuck wrote:

No. As said, they are only valid "during forthcoming year". If the event occur 1705, the losses occur during 1706 - only.

Would I be correct to assume that RP gains/losses from events do not count towards victory conditions should the scenario end during that year? It seems absurd that an otherwise victorious Sweden could be reduced to a defeat because of a bad harvest rolled in the last turn, but I'd like to be sure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Ekström
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
designer
ALWAYS THINKING ON GAMES
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That is a great suggestion, Andreas.
We have missed that. In Rules 1.1 it will cleary be stated that RP gain/losses due to events during last year do not count against the victory conditions.
Great! Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.