Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Colin Lewis
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One small variant that I have thought through and will try out and report back on is the idea of rolling both dice together and then choosing which one is for player movement and which one is for ball movement.

Any thoughts?

I'll try it out and report back (as if anyone is reading threads for this game )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Henshaw
United States
East Bridgewater
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm reading them. This idea could end up giving to much control to the team with the ball, or it might add a bit of decision making without breaking the game.
Let me know how it works for you.

ScottH.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Webster
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, its been a few years. How did it test?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vic R
Spain
Tomares (Seville)
flag msg tools
badge
Pure mathematics is the world's best game. It is more absorbing than chess, more of a gamble than poker, and lasts longer than Monopoly. It's free. It can be played anywhere - Archimedes did it in a bathtub
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello I just tested the variant and I dont like it. The reason is because when you move you already know how much will you "roll" with the ball,(i.e. if you roll 6 and 3 and get the 6 to move, you already know that the ball will move 3) so you can move your players easily to get the pass. I like the part of having two dice to choose from, but the part of knowing how much will the ball move is too much information. In the game played we never failed a pass in the whole game (20 mins)

So I got the simple idea of just rolling two dice for moving pick one, and after that rolling two dices for ball and pick one, and everything came together. You have the link here for futher information.

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1510659/simple-and-great-va...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.