Subject: KC Game Fair - Nov. 19-22 2009 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: KC [+] [View All]
Dale Maxfield
United States
Overland Park
Kansas
flag msg tools
Registration is now open for the KC Game Fair. Yes, we know it's up against Board Game Geek Con. Although unintentional, we hope you would consider us as a second choice if you can't make it to Dallas.

Check it out at http://www.kcgamefair.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Drake
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
I like pizza!
badge
I LIKE IT!!! ????
mbmbmb
Cool, this is just 2.5 hours away (Springfield MO) as opposed to 8 hours to Dallas for BGG. I'll have to try and make it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Morris
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
2nd, 6th and 7th Wisconsin, 19th Indiana, 24th Michigan
badge
24th Michigan Monument Gettysburg Pa
mbmbmbmbmb
I spent my game convention budget on a new HDTV so it looks like I'll be staying in KC that weekend anyway. So much the better. I can still go to a game convention that weekend and watch football in HD this season. Win win for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Schmittgens
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I read the headline for a KC Game Fair, and I thought 'Great!’. Then I went to the http://www.kcgamefair.com/about/ website and I’m not so sure.

When I saw that Individuals are listed fourth on Who/How to Get Involved, it made me think having non-affiliated gamers attend is just an afterthought.

When I read words like ‘Individual volunteers may be needed’, it made me think ‘Don’t call us; we’ll call you.’

When I read words like ‘There will be formal registration process . . . for individual games’, it made me think ‘You mean I can’t just pay my $20 and play what I want?’

Then I tried to send an email to the info@kcgamefair.com address at the bottom of the page. Turns out I can't even send it to you unless I'm already in your Yahoo group.

I’m not sure what demographic you’re going for, but right now, it doesn’t appear to be the person who wants to just show up and play some games.

I know it’s still about four months away. If the local-group-oriented spin is the one you’re going for, then fine. If it’s not. . .well, there is still time to put out the word.

FWIW, I live in Wichita. I drive to KC and Oklahoma City at least once a year to play games. Heck, I even drove to Denver once to play games for a day.

(Hope this doesn't sound too negative. I'd like to see if I can attend, but right now I don't feel too welcome.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.