J
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is low-hanging fruit so I will pass on the obvious joke.

Serious answer: I don't hate anyone on RSP, but if I did, I'd just double my resolve to win the game without making an issue of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Snowball
Belgium
n/a
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would show my pentagram tattoo of course lol
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Burt
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mb
Buy them a beer
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TOGB
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are they kicking my ass in the game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Is it a female? And if so, am I staring at her low-hanging fruit?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DWTripp wrote:
Is it a female? And if so, am I staring at her low-hanging fruit?

It's a man. But you're still staring at his low-hanging fruit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Bourgeois
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I'd tell them how they really burned my gears online... and ask why we couldn't get along better?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't hate Mr Xaos, but I wouldn't choose to play a game with him if I knew who he was.

I don't know what I would do if I discovered his identity in the middle of a game. Would depend on lots of factors.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lynette
United States
Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
Yep, I am a girl Scientist. Come for the breasts; Stay for the brains!
badge
For as long as I shall live I will testify to love; I'll be a witness in the silences when words are not enough.
mbmbmbmbmb
DarthXaos wrote:
I am particularly interested in the opinions of certain people on this topic, the ones who have made it quite clear that they hate me as a person based on my internet writings.

I also don't hate you and I would happily play a game with you at least once. As long as you played well, didn't cheat or throw tantrums or any other unacceptable behavior and didn't start spewing woman hating or theist dissing crap during the actual game I would play with you again.

If you wanted to do serious topic verbal sparing I would even buy you a beer in person after the game and we could have a fun go at each other were you could insult my gender and my beliefs for awhile. But debating and gaming are different past times for me. I don't enjoy trying to do them literally simultaneously. If we are going to chat during gaming I prefer it to be fun gaming banter, over the top innuendos, smack talk or a small amount of general personal chit chat. Nothing contentious.

As far as Smack Talk goes... you haven't earned the right to call me slut, hoe or bitch in jest. So you will have to stick to more high class slams or refrain from that kind of table talk if you want a second game. Though even from you wench for some reason always makes me smile so you or anybody else here in RSP has my blanket permission to refer to me as a vicious vindictive wench, or any variations there of, during the games that I am kicking your ass in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lotus dweller
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
DaviddesJ wrote:
I don't hate Mr Xaos, but I wouldn't choose to play a game with him if I knew who he was.

I don't know what I would do if I discovered his identity in the middle of a game. Would depend on lots of factors.

Well if we were desperately short of food then that issue would have been temporarily resolved. Otherwise I'd be happy to game on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Johnson
United States
Azusa
California
flag msg tools
One of Alabama 3's finest songs, especially the versions on the single this image is from...
badge
Sweet Pretty M*th*rf*ck*ng Country Acid House Music - All night long!
We call that BGG.con...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc P
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Gloomhaven is a great niche game
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd just want to know which room you and Chiddler were shacked up in so I'd know where to put the flaming bag of poo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chief Slovenly
United States
Burlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Meh. There are very few people I can't get along with in RL -- in fact, I'd say being offline can only help... everyone's an asshole, in addition to being wrong, on the internet.

People tend to rein it in a bit when they're talking face-to-face with someone else, and unless your politics are so important to you that you're willing to throw down about taxation or the uses of military power right in the middle of a game of Mr. Jack or Tikal, you've got bigger issues than can possibly be addressed here.

Then again, booze only helps these situations. I love you, booze.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc P
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Gloomhaven is a great niche game
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't discount the loving gift of flaming poo, Brian. It's like a balm in Gilead, or some such.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pronoblem baalberith
United States
Pleasantville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Is it just me or do my balls itch?
mbmbmbmbmb
My game group is 18+ so you would not be in attendance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bbenston wrote:

This is a good example of how people are different. I pretty much refuse to play games with people who are drinking heavily, it's just no fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Nomad
Netherlands
Den Bosch
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nobody said anything about heavy drinking, David.

Meerkat wrote:
you or anybody else here in RSP has my blanket permission to refer to me as a vicious vindictive wench, or any variations there of, during the games that I am kicking your ass in.

Aye, aye, Mistress!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chief Slovenly
United States
Burlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
bbenston wrote:

This is a good example of how people are different. I pretty much refuse to play games with people who are drinking heavily, it's just no fun.

That's cool -- one of my prerequisites for gaming partners is a functioning goofball humor detector.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tommynomad wrote:
Nobody said anything about heavy drinking, David.

He said, "Booze only helps," but I find that alcohol often doesn't help, as when people drink too much. Isn't that exactly the opposite?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lynette
United States
Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
Yep, I am a girl Scientist. Come for the breasts; Stay for the brains!
badge
For as long as I shall live I will testify to love; I'll be a witness in the silences when words are not enough.
mbmbmbmbmb
DarthXaos wrote:
The only people I refuse to game with are people who do stuff like try to take their turns before the previous person is finished because they get so impatient waiting.

(yes, I actually have gamed with someone like this) *shudder*

I have gamed with a lot of people like this... even worse is when they are so impatient they try to "help" the people before them take turns... by pointing out everybody else at the tables strategy and then telling them their best options to shorten the "thinking time"

When playing with them ... well I change my style and steer us toward games were moving fast doesn't hurt the overall game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CHAPEL
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
DarthXaos wrote:
The only people I refuse to game with are people who do stuff like try to take their turns before the previous person is finished because they get so impatient waiting.

(yes, I actually have gamed with someone like this) *shudder*

This!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I'd feed that Christian to the lions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It would be sad if anyone let some silly political /sex /religion forum get in the way of a good game. Some of my best friends disagree with my positions on many issues but we are still friends. That petty shit just don't roll when you have a good group to play with. Besides Id love to play some games with some of the people I disagree with here it would add to the fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
MaximumPain wrote:
It would be sad if anyone let some silly political /sex /religion forum get in the way of a good game. Some of my best friends disagree with my positions on many issues but we are still friends. That petty shit just don't roll when you have a good group to play with. Besides Id love to play some games with some of the people I disagree with here it would add to the fun.

I find people I disagree with much more interesting and fun. So long as the conversation can be civil, talking about different points of view is largely the point of adult conversation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
There's no one I absolutely hate on RSP. There's some people who really seem to want to be hated, or at least be disliked, but this would just make me be nicer to them in order to thwart their desires.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.