• [+] Dice rolls
Paul Marshall
United States
Abingdon
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice review, Joe. This was my favorite game at Origins. I'm glad I got to play it with you and Monica there. I've played it 10 times in 2 weeks and still haven't won, but it's always a blast.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"We've secretly replaced Tom and Holly with Joe and Monica crystals. Let's see if anyone notices..."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E J
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Im sold. Thanks Joe!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Richard
United States
Avon
US
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Very nice review, Joe. Looks very cool! Always nice to see a good game with an accessible theme that can accommodate up to 8 players. I'll have to check this one out!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonty
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks good, may have to try this one out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dom
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great review! I'll be getting this one to play with my group!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
Malaysia
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played this game twice now, both times with a group of six. It's a great party game, and even though it is still turn based, we found ourselves cheering for the horses as "DOWN the stretch they come!!!"

Not a particularly deep strategic game because of the amount of luck involved, both in the cards and the dice, but sometimes one does not feel like playing a "deep" game. And as Joe mentions, it's a bit slower with a large group, but I've had great fun both times I've played and never felt like I was just waiting for my turn.

-Esch
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Stewart
United States
Bowie
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks to you, just bought a copy yesterday at WBC; and had Zev autograph the box cover!
Hope to try in open gaming, many interested in it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Louye P
msg tools
mb
Too funny! I thought I was the only ASL and horse racing game fan from Michigan. Well almost, I moved. Usually if I see Joe do a video, it is ASL related, so nice bridge of commonality here. I am considering picking up a copy of this game, but I spent my game budget on 3rd Edition Doomed Battalions and Action Packs. Soon..........

Did you call it the Movement Phase? I am assuming at least one of the horse cards allows the owner to engage his horse in CC with another (of course snakes creates a hero jockey).

Kidding aside, game looks like a lot of fun, but to be like one of the 'letter of the rule' critic type guys, you paid off the winning owner at odds of six for one, not six to one.

Roll low Joe!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.