Richard Hutnik
United States
Albany
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Several questions:
1. Does each player do all their moving and combat before the next player does theirs or does a player move one set of units, then opponent moves, then combat? I thought player did all, but wanted clarification on this.
2. Is movement of units limited to only explored areas (areas with tiles on board_? To break this down:
a. Are players allowed to move through spaces with unexplored spaces?
b. Are players allowed to stop movement on an unexplored space?

And speaking on this, are tiles that are placed allowed to be put next to ANY unexplored hex, or do they need to me put adjacent to other hexes in the game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
docreason wrote:
Several questions:
1. Does each player do all their moving and combat before the next player does theirs or does a player move one set of units, then opponent moves, then combat? I thought player did all, but wanted clarification on this.

Each player does all moving and combat before the next player.

Quote:

2. Is movement of units limited to only explored areas (areas with tiles on board_? To break this down:

Yes, Yes, and Yes.

Quote:

And speaking on this, are tiles that are placed allowed to be put next to ANY unexplored hex, or do they need to me put adjacent to other hexes in the game?

ANY
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A. B. West
United States
Beech Grove
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Why aren't you PLAYING a game?
mbmbmbmbmb
docreason wrote:

Each player completes all their movement and combat before the next player.

Quote:

Page 8 of the rules is pretty clear on this point: "Ships can move into empty spaces (with no sector tile) and sector tiles." This means they can continue to move or stop. A related question during sector placement is on Page 6: "You can put sector tiles in empty spaces with ships - the ships are placed on top of the tile. However, the ship owning player cannot claim the sector tile yet with an Empire."

Quote:

You may place a sector tile on any unexplored (empty) place - it does not have to be placed next to an existing tile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.