Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
We will sing to you Doctor... the universe will sing you to your sleep.
mbmbmbmbmb

Ya took the words right outta my not-yet-posted-thread! laugh

There's only one thing I want that can't be had anywhere else, so I'll be very curious what sort of response you receive.

Sigh. I really just wish I could go myself...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Davis
United States
New Concord
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it's difficult to manage unless you actually know someone who's going. Not that people aren't willing to do it, but everyone who's going knows at least 3 people from their regular game group who isn't going, and obviously no one blames them for helping those three people out first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh P.
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I plan on smuggling myself there hidden in a crate of coffee beans. It's how they move drugs overseas without the dogs being able to sniff them out. I'll write you once I get there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Derk appears from the mists...
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Personally, I say no to everyone. If you make an exception to that rule, then everyone wants something. There's only so much room in a suitcase. Plus, you ever lug around 50+ games in suitcases? I'm only doing that for someone really bloody special...

(and his name is Aldie)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Aldie's Full of Love!
mb
Funagain Games buys pretty much anything you'd ever want...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fraser
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
The more important question is, other than for people who can drive to Essen, who is going and actually has any spare room left after their own purchases? surprise

Not only were all Melissa's bags chockers last year, all the pockets in her jacket were full of (small) games too. She didn't get some stuff that we wanted, so nobody else had a look in meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cheevers
United Kingdom
Liverpool
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As my needs are small and I pretty much know what I want now. I'm looking into the possbility of giving enough cash to someone and just having them post the games to me.

However that may be too expensive for US based geeks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fraser
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
No Essen Power Grid Party then James?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cheevers
United Kingdom
Liverpool
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Karlsen wrote:
No Essen Power Grid Party then James?

[sniffs] Thwarted again.

We've decided to make a trip to Malta to see my older brother. He's had poor health for a couple of years and we haven't been able to get over. So we're doing that during the children's half term break.

However, we are booking early for... how would Melissa say?... OMGESSEN2010!!!! So we'll be in contact about the best places to stay.

I used the "It would be great for Christian's German studies" ploy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sue Hemberger

Washington
Dist of Columbia
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Damn, I was hoping you (and Christian) would be there this year. I just learned that Bochum (where a friend will be teaching next year on a Fulbright) is only a 15 minute train ride from Essen (which, this year, encompasses my birthday and my daughter's) so we're talking about a whole-family trip/pilgrimage. I'm thinking once in a lifetime, but, who knows, maybe we'll get hooked.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cheevers
United Kingdom
Liverpool
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
smithhemb wrote:
Damn, I was hoping you (and Christian) would be there this year.

Believe me, no one is more disappointed than me that I have to miss it again. This has been my 'must-do' for the last few years and current circumstances make it difficult. I've been wanting to visit my brother and the only good time (it is way too hot over the summer months for the children) is the October school holiday. His ill health has to trump everything else.

Still, I'm optimistic that we'll be booked early for 2010. And after that I would like my 40th birthday there too!!! Although the 26th October 2011 that year is a Tuesday so a birthday celebration won't interfere with GAMING!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Always visit family early and often. Can't think of a better excuse to miss Essen...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mystery McMysteryface
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
derk wrote:
Personally, I say no to everyone. If you make an exception to that rule, then everyone wants something. There's only so much room in a suitcase. Plus, you ever lug around 50+ games in suitcases? I'm only doing that for someone really bloody special...

(and his name is Aldie)

So, what's in Aldie's suitcase?

Just wonderin'...........whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randolph Bookman
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well if I think I might have some help, but the big things I want are any new promo cards for le havre and planet steam

and possibly about 20 games... I'm joking...but not really.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Melissa
Australia
Parkville
Vic
flag msg tools
admin
designer
May you find the Perfect Shoe! xxx
badge
Mostly offline, but trying.
mbmbmbmbmb
smithhemb wrote:
Damn, I was hoping you (and Christian) would be there this year. I just learned that Bochum (where a friend will be teaching next year on a Fulbright) is only a 15 minute train ride from Essen (which, this year, encompasses my birthday and my daughter's) so we're talking about a whole-family trip/pilgrimage. I'm thinking once in a lifetime, but, who knows, maybe we'll get hooked.

It is incredibly easy to get from Bochum to Essen. Also cheap.

Sue, if you're making the trip, get in touch. I seem to remember your daughter is about the same age as our Biggie.

Edited to add the missing word that Derk noticed. blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Now there's something a mother prolly shouldn't say...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Melissa
Australia
Parkville
Vic
flag msg tools
admin
designer
May you find the Perfect Shoe! xxx
badge
Mostly offline, but trying.
mbmbmbmbmb
I just spent a good 5 minutes looking at my post to see what I had missed.

blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.