Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kelvin Chung
United States
San Bruno
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One thing I'm frustrated with is a lack of a good storage solution for tiles in certain games. For example, Carcassonne only has enough room for most (not all) the tiles, and even with The Tower there's not enough room for all the tiles (but that's because Abbey & Mayor filled up the Tower, IIRC). Alhambra, IIRC, doesn't even have any real tile storage!

So, what do you fellow gamers use to store their tiles? I'm trying to see what my best solution is for storing tiles for Carcassonne (including spinoffs), Alhambra, Caylus, and other games that make use of those cardboard tiles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh P.
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Plano 3600 boxes work well. They even have dividers that can be used to split up different kinds of tiles or other small components. I bought quite a few of them on Amazon (about $6.50/ea) and use them for games with lots of small components like Galaxy Trucker, Warrior Knights, and Agricola, but they would work fine for straight tile games too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Hines
United States
Perry
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I take the useless inserts from games and use that cardboard to create tile trays. Here are some before and after pictures of my Wasabi and Caylus trays.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duane Bruun
United States
Normal
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tuckboxes!!

Many tile games have downloadable tuck boxes under thier entries here. I'm quite taken by Tom's (henrysunset's) tuck boxes for my Carcassonne tiles.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/31131/toms-carcassonne...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.