11 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: Electronic Games like Sunken Treasure rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim Kelsey
msg tools
Hello again:

I'm still trying to pin down this 1970's electronic game I had as a kid. It was like Operation, but involved getting pirate's treasure, one such piece was a goblet. Doing some research, I discovered that Operation was based on the old "wire-loop" games.

Is there any particular type of heading that games like Operation fall under? Has anyone compiled a list of all of the Operation-type spin-offs, like Sunken Treasure? Thanks!

- Jim

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Kelsey
msg tools
How about Milton Bradley's "Haunted Treasure?" I found a link

http://www.odinartcollectables.com/electricalboardgames.asp

but there are no pics of the game itself, just the box. Does anyone have a picture of this game? I couldn't find it on this site. Thanks.

- Jim

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Belli
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."
mbmbmbmbmb
Alien Autopsy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas
Germany
Nagold
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope Piraten Schatz. This one:

It is Operation with a different theme and of course pieces, then turned 180 degrees. Everything else including the location of the "holes" is the same.

And here is a review:
http://sunsite.informatik.rwth-aachen.de/keirat/txt/P/Pirate...

FYI: They gave it 2 points out of 6 which is rather dismal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas
Germany
Nagold
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Piraten-Schatz on the geek.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Kelsey
msg tools
It's definitely not Alien Autopsy (that's kinda creepy) nor Piraten-Schatz. Was the latter available in America? I'm strongly leaning towards the Haunted Treasure Hunt by Milton Bradley. I'll post a new thread and see what comes of it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas
Germany
Nagold
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Piraten-Schatz was a european release. But it fit Your description well didnt it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Kelsey
msg tools
Andreas:

Yes, it did fit the description and thank you for mentioning it. It's not the game I had as a kid, but is has opened my eyes to the plethora of games like what I'm looking for. I had no idea how many different "Operation-type" games were out there. Thanks for your help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas
Germany
Nagold
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like to help others. Only need help for my thread on where to find board games in morocco :(

But I did not misunderstand You? This sunken treasure or Piraten-Schatz or whatever it is game did open Your eyes for the plethora of games?

A friend of mine had Piraten-Schatz. It was fascinating for kids but looking back and being older it was a quite abysmal excuse for a game. And expensive as well. No comparison to a good german game one gets today.

To paraphrase a reviewer of Monopoly Banking: 70 USD for Monopoly Banking. One could have gotten at least two good games instead and thus many hours of fun instead of two hours of boredom.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Kelsey
msg tools
Andreas:

Quote:
"This sunken treasure or Piraten-Schatz or whatever it is game did open Your eyes for the plethora of games?"

What I meant by that is that I'm amazed at how many games there are that ran with the "Operation" theme.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.