Fields of Fire» Forums » Rules

Subject: Pinned/Paralyzed and Cover rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
mike game fan
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Per section 4.2.5 and same from LAT Limitations Chart

A Pinned and Paralyzed Team may Attempt to Seek Cover because the Pinned "state takes precedence over any other LAT limitations listed below."

Whereas as a Paralyzed Team (which is not Pinned) cannot Attempt to Seek Cover as that is not listed as an allowed action.

Per the Errata then it is also true that a Paralyzed Team can Move to or from Cover only if it is Pinned?!?

I think this is correct by the rules, but it doesn't feel right to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Hull
United States
Stafford
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
A pinned unit is receiving or thinks it is receiving effective fire, whereas the unpinned unit is at its original state. The paralyzed unit is out of the fight which can be manifested in a wide variety of behaviours none of which help the company's mission. Just because they are out of fight doesn't mean they are stupid
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike game fan
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the quick response and for me, who is new to war games, your clarification of what the pinned and paralyzed states 'mean' is really helpful.

Also, I do think this is a real cool game. I am enjoying it very much and look forward to any mods/expansions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.