Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Carlee Dise
United States
Triangle
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you record your games played, how are you recording it if you do a random set up of the regular Dominion and the Intrigue cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Cassola
Italy
Piacenza
PC
flag msg tools
Power player
badge
http://www.orizzonteventi.org
mbmbmbmbmb
Both

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
McDog
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
geekgirl1001000 wrote:
If you record your games played, how are you recording it if you do a random set up of the regular Dominion and the Intrigue cards?

Under the base game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Liken
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Still waiting for Intrigue here in NZ, but my plan is to record games depending on which version contributes the most of the 10 kingdom cards. I'll count Black Market and Envoy as being part of the original set.

If there is a 5/5 split then I will record based on which "set" influenced the actual game more.

Obviously this method gets a little tricky with more expansions, but I will figure that out if I get them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
P.D. Magnus
United States
Albany
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've just kept recording plays under the base game, with a note about which set was used.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zoe M
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
I wear my Halloween costume all year round!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm planning to record the plays as Intrigue, because I think Intrigue will have a greater effect on the overall feel of the game.

Likewise, when I play Settlers with Seafarers and Cities and Knights, I record it as Cities and Knights because I think that's the most significant by far--I'd be very unlikely to play Settlers without it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alain Renaud
Canada
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I record under the original set

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Cooper
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Here is another thread that might give you some ideas.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I log them independantly. If someone needs to take components from Intrigue as well as use the rules printed in Intrigue to play their game in the Dominion series, then I count that as requiring 2 games (what BGG defines as a game anyways) to play what that someone just did.

I acknowledge that alot of things here on BGG aren't accurate (ratings can be heavily biased, not everyone logs their plays, or some log computer plays as well). Problem is, now Dominion is gonna get a hell lot more plays than Intrigue. Granted, Dominion came out bef exp #1 of course, but all the plays Intrigue gets "cheated" out of will make it look that much "worse" in that category.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Hunt
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The game I played was Dominion, so I record under that. However, I also record a 0.01 game under the expansion to show it was used.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wolfe
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Zendo fan, Columbus Blue Jackets fan, Dominion Fan.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, here's a question for those who log each expansion separately.

Suppose you shuffle together all 78 Kingdom cards that are currently available. You get 6 base game cards and 4 Seaside cards. Do you log Intrigue because it was in the available selector cards? Do you log Black Market and Envoy? If you do, would you log it the same way if you hand-picked the cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jeffwolfe wrote:
Okay, here's a question for those who log each expansion separately.

Suppose you shuffle together all 78 Kingdom cards that are currently available. You get 6 base game cards and 4 Seaside cards. Do you log Intrigue because it was in the available selector cards? Do you log Black Market and Envoy? If you do, would you log it the same way if you hand-picked the cards?
Good one. It seems in about the lines of "do I play Agricola or Caylus", which are 2 completely different games, but go through a similar process of seleciton when people end up choosing a game randomly. I would leave out cards that were NOT choosen.

If it were the case of a 6p game with Intrigue + Seaside, I would see myself logging all 3 since one needs Dominion base set for the extra Treasure and Victory cards. If not this, I would still note that if it were my copy of the Dominion series, all 3 copies got used (I also keep track how many times my own copy of games got played.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.