Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Crocker
United States
Westland
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed. Just getting to this site from Internet Explorer, takes four times longer than it did just a couple of weeks ago. Once here, just going from one page to the next seems to take an agononizingly long time, compared to a couple of weeks ago.
Mind you my system is about 7 year old technology wise (1700Mhz), but I have noticed no drop down in navigating speed at any of the other sites I frequent. Am I imagining this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rami Finkelshtein
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Just another day on the staircase
mbmbmbmbmb
I have not felt any slowdown in the slightest but I do run Firefox....have you recently updated your IE? I have no heard of any particular slow down issues with it lately but then again who knows these days.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek H
South Africa
Johannesburg
Gauteng
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Crockerdile wrote:
Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed. Just getting to this site from Internet Explorer, takes four times longer than it did just a couple of weeks ago. Once here, just going from one page to the next seems to take an agononizingly long time, compared to a couple of weeks ago.
Mind you my system is about 7 year old technology wise (1700Mhz), but I have noticed no drop down in navigating speed at any of the other sites I frequent. Am I imagining this?

This probably relates more to the amount of traffic on the site rather than the speed of your machine. I'm in a different time zone from the majority of users (who are in the US) so this does not seem to affect me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Pizio
United States
Fall River
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Another year, another support drive, another silly Over text
badge
Which way to the nearest cliff?
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe I'm imagining it but it seems that avatars and microbadges are being served differently. This is more noticeable if you are loading a longer thread. It does seem to slow things down at times.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.