Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Dampfross» Forums » Variants

Subject: Making the building phase fairer (and more interesting) by one roll only rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Will Pirnasch
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
instead of everyone rolling his one dice for the amount of points to build, have only one person roll, and everyone use the result. It does not matter who rolls, could be the same person all over.
(I know this is not a new idea, but I wanted to collect it here)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Morris
Scotland
Harrogate
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
designer
Join the BGG Folding @Home Team !!
badge
This user had more :gg: than sense
mbmbmbmbmb
Again, this is in the Railway rivals rules - in the 3rd edition (1980) it is described as an option (though everyone used it in postal games), by the 5th edition (1990) it is the stated way to operate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Pirnasch
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I see, I'm hopelessly outdated. I'll shut up... blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toco
Belgium
Oost-Vlaanderen
Vlaanderen
flag msg tools
designer
badge
www.tocoking.be/hotspot
mbmbmbmb
AnnuverScotinExile wrote:
Again, this is in the Railway rivals rules - in the 3rd edition (1980) it is described as an option (though everyone used it in postal games), by the 5th edition (1990) it is the stated way to operate.

Could you post the file ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikko Saari
Finland
flag msg tools
http://www.lautapeliopas.fi/ - the best Finnish board game resource!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
By the way – I was thinking about this, and if you go this route, why even bother to roll? That takes time, just make everyone build four steps turn. Wouldn't that just be the most efficient way to play? If everybody is sharing the die roll, I'm not seeing what exactly does it add to the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toco
Belgium
Oost-Vlaanderen
Vlaanderen
flag msg tools
designer
badge
www.tocoking.be/hotspot
mbmbmbmb
When you build six units, you have more options to block opponents. When you can only build 1, the sabotageing options are diminished that turn. So the roll would both add breathing space and chocking turns.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.