Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe Braun
United States
Pawtucket
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone ever played a 2p game with the 3+ player resource cards. I know part of the game is trying to being efficient with the limited resources, but I was thinking it might be fun to have 2 extra resource cards out during a 2p game so that each player could try different strategies and not get blocked. I was thinking you could add one more wood resource card (2 wood) and another one (perhaps choice of resource(s)).

Or would this take all the tension out of the game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Murtagh
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
My wife and I have done a few things to spice up our 2 player games. We add an extra space for wood; it begins with one wood and can grow only as large as 2 woods total (if no one takes it at one). In reality, it is rarely taken. We also have started including all the 3 and 4 player occupoation cards - even though we are just 2 players. It has been fun adding these.... Neither change has removed the tension, and they have made things more interesting
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Maxwell
United States
Burtchville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think a key element of the game (the competition for limited resources) would be lost, or at least negatively affected. That said, try it and see how you feel about it. Why not?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Weaver
United States
Nolensville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
This is a bit of thread necromancy, but I wanted to post that my wife and I, having played quite a lot of two-player Agricola recently tried adding the "Take Two Different Building Resources" to the available action spaces. I liked the effect of this. In reality, it was only taken a few times so it only injected a few extra resources into the game, but it undermined the "resource denial" strategies with clay and reeds, which we both thought was a positive impact with regard to the fun we had. The access to a little bit of early stone made a handful of Minors that need it viable, where they otherwise weren't in the two-player game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.